Eversource Energy Senior Project Manager, Project Controls (Transmission) in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Independently manage transmission projects in Connecticut/Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Work closely with management personnel in Transmission Asset Management, Transmission Planning, Design, Land Planning, Construction and Test, Finance, Regulatory Relations, Legal, and Purchasing. Primary duties will include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
Supports the development, implementation, management and continuous improvement for Project Cost Control and Project Performance processes, methodologies, procedures and services including, but not limited to:
- Oversees development of policies and procedures for Project Cost Control and Project Performance Measurement.
- Ensures above policies and procedures are deployed and being adhered to in a consistent manner across the organization.
- Works with Project Management, Investment Planning, Operations, Contract Administration, Planning & Scheduling, Engineering, Procurement, Materials Management, Estimating and Project Performance to ensure Cost Control and Performance Measurement methodologies are in alignment with corporate goals and strategies.
- Implements enhancements to existing methods and procedures to support continuous improvement program.
Project Cost Control
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all topics related to Project Cost Control.
- Implements and stewards Baseline Management process to track variances from approved cost budgets, schedules and design scopes of work.
- Manages the Project Change Control process – the most critical component of Baseline Management. Ensures project baselines in cost, schedule and scope are established and monitored against actual project performance.
- Ensures desired Project Cost Control / Baseline Management philosophies and processes are reflected in the newly implemented Project Management Information System (PMIS) e-Builder.
- Manages development and updates to Cost Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Provides, or assists in providing, training in Project Cost Control / Baseline Management methodologies, procedures and systems to project managers, consultants, contractors and other Eversource staff.
- Works with the Investment Planning, Contract Administration and Planning / Scheduling Groups to ensure cost management is being performed at the project and program levels; this to include cost tracking, forecasting and reporting CAPEX & PIS, and variance analysis.
- Ensures the accuracy of all cost information including confirmation that costs have been properly coded and allocated to project budgets per the WBS.
- Monitors actual project costs / commitments relative to budget and forecast.
- Reviews, evaluates and reports on trends and their impact on project forecasts.
- Provides oversight and direction on the Eversource Contingency / Risk management processes.
- Presents and discusses cost information, and maintains good working relationships with internal stakeholders, external stakeholders and the management team.
- Interacts with Eversource Estimating Group to 1) ensure new estimates are developed with the proper WBS coding, and 2) actual project cost data is fed back to the group at the conclusion of projects.
Project Performance Measurement
- Creates and maintains project level KPIs and project statistics reports.
- Assesses progress measurement and develops and updates progress curves for progress reporting.
- Oversees and applies project analytics to project data to describe, predict, and improve business performance. Creates project reports to recommend action or to guide decision making rooted in capital program management performance improvement.
- The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to set priorities and support diverse needs.
- Previous experience as a leader and / or working in team environments as well as supporting process improvements and group facilitation.
- Must understand / apply project controls, finance/accounting, business, risk and project management processes.
- Knowledge of project controls, financial modeling, accounting, risk management, project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, tax and capital budgeting.
- Ability to monitor and analyze cost / schedule information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Requires a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Transmission organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence group culture.
- Demonstrated high competence in past assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree will be considered or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Operations Management, Business Administration or equivalent education is highly desirable
- Ten (10) years plus of related experience minimum as a Project Manager, Cost Engineer, Accountant or Financial Business Analyst in a business involved with managing large complex multi-year capital construction projects, with three (3) of those years in a Team or Group Manager, Supervisory or Lead role preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management certification (PMP) is highly desirable
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Limited travel will be required to project sites and stakeholder locations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Must be able to proactively identify problematic trends and create systematic solutions.
- Must be able to manage concurrent interface with multiple groups and navigate competing priorities.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs