Eversource Energy Senior Project Manager, Project Controls (Hybrid) in Hartford, Connecticut
This is a hybrid role with the first three months in the office.
Eversource is looking for a Senior Project Manager, Project Controls located in Hartford, CT or Westwood, MA or Manchester, NH . In this role you will lead and support initiatives in the Project Controls Department that provide procedures, processes, practices, tools and systems necessary to effectively and proactively manage, control and report on performance of the Transmission Organization. This position has primary responsibility for implementation and stewardship of a robust Project Cost Control Program for the Capital Project Portfolio, with a focus on Baseline Management. Goal is to provide a standardized framework in support of proactive and efficient Project Cost Control processes: baseline establishment, data monitoring, change management, trends evaluation, forecasting and timely reporting. Supports the development, maintenance and reporting of Key Project Indicators (KPI’s) for progress measurement, schedule performance, risk management, project productivity, contract change order management, contract invoice processing and other key metrics. Goal is to use these to continuously drive efficiency and performance in the Project Management Organization. The role facilitates the production of a variety of complex reports and analyses in support of Eversource’s project initiation, planning, execution, control, compliance and close-out initiatives.
Working closely with all functional departments, this position is tasked with ensuring adherence to Eversource’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Oversees development of policies and procedures for Project Cost Control and Project Performance Measurement.
- Ensures above policies and procedures are deployed and being adhered to in a consistent manner across the organization.
- Works with Project Management, Investment Planning, Operations, Contract Administration, Planning & Scheduling, Engineering, Procurement, Materials Management, Estimating and Project Performance to ensure Cost Control and Performance Measurement methodologies are in alignment with corporate goals and strategies.
- Implements enhancements to existing methods and procedures to support continuous improvement program.
Project Cost Control
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all topics related to Project Cost Control.
- Implements and stewards Baseline Management process to track variances from approved cost budgets, schedules and design scopes of work.
- Manages the Project Change Control process – the most critical component of Baseline Management. Ensures project baselines in cost, schedule and scope are established and monitored against actual project performance.
- Ensures desired Project Cost Control / Baseline Management philosophies and processes are reflected in the newly implemented Project Management Information System (PMIS) e-Builder.
- Manages development and updates to Cost Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Provides, or assists in providing, training in Project Cost Control / Baseline Management methodologies, procedures and systems to project managers, consultants, contractors and other Eversource staff.
- Works with the Investment Planning, Contract Administration and Planning / Scheduling Groups to ensure cost management is being performed at the project and program levels; this to include cost tracking, forecasting and reporting CAPEX & PIS, and variance analysis.
- Ensures the accuracy of all cost information including confirmation that costs have been properly coded and allocated to project budgets per the WBS.
- Monitors actual project costs / commitments relative to budget and forecast.
- Reviews, evaluates and reports on trends and their impact on project forecasts.
- Provides oversight and direction on the Eversource Contingency / Risk management processes.
- Presents and discusses cost information, and maintains good working relationships with internal stakeholders, external stakeholders and the management team.
- Interacts with Eversource Estimating Group to 1) ensure new estimates are developed with the proper WBS coding, and 2) actual project cost data is fed back to the group at the conclusion of projects.
Project Performance Measurement
- Creates and maintains project level KPIs and project statistics reports.
- Assesses progress measurement and develops and updates progress curves for progress reporting.
- Oversees and applies project analytics to project data to describe, predict, and improve business performance. Creates project reports to recommend action or to guide decision making rooted in capital program management performance improvement.
- The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to set priorities and support diverse needs.
- Previous experience as a leader and / or working in team environments as well as supporting process improvements and group facilitation.
- Must understand / apply project controls, finance/accounting, business, risk and project management processes.
- Knowledge of project controls, financial modeling, accounting, risk management, project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, tax and capital budgeting.
- Ability to monitor and analyze cost / schedule information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Requires a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Transmission organization.
- Demonstrated ability to influence group culture.
- Demonstrated high competence in past assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree will be considered or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Operations Management, Business Administration or equivalent education is highly desirable
- Ten (10) years of related experience minimum as a Project Manager, Cost Engineer, Accountant or Financial Business Analyst in a business involved with managing large complex multi-year capital construction projects, with three (3) of those years in a Team or Group Manager, Supervisory or Lead role preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $123,170 to $136,850 plus incentive. Salary is commiserate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management certification (PMP) is highly desirable
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Limited travel will be required to project sites and stakeholder locations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs