Eversource Energy Scheduler/Planner in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Performs tasks associated with development and scheduling of projects using Software as P6, MS Project, Excel, access.
Responsible for obtaining, providing and implementing information and recommendations to meet project goals and positively influence project direction. Determine critical path activities and assist management (including Project Managers) in determining resource requirements to minimize schedule impacts. Monitor and analyze actual project schedule against target schedule to forecast project results. Ability to apply project management theories and methodologies and utilize a variety of related project control tools.
This person shall also have good communications skills and resilient.
- Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Electric/Gas/Transmission field workload through accurate forecasting, staffing calculations, scheduling and management reports. Creates, maintains and upgrades short and long-term staffing models and trending forecasts to improve the efficiency of the Electric/Gas/Transmission Operations area. Prepares work schedules for district operations through analysis of projected workload, resource requirements and prescribed time frames. Ensures that work plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
Essential Functions: Generates district work plans and schedules that ensure resources are available to meet workload demands. Provides contingency plans to rebalance workload. Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, controls costs and meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLA’s). Creates and maintains accurate short and long-term forecasting and staffing models that ensure the effective utilization of distribution resources. Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects. Works with Compliance Coordinators to distribute district compliance and mandated program work. Ensures that all projects are executed and closed out in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner and according to Company policy. Develops time and cost schedules for district management through analysis of survey statistics and productivity information. Prepares weekly and monthly workload status reports for management.
Focus on the Customer
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
Manage and Develop People
Build Trusting Relationships
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
Licenses & Certifications:
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
- Mental Aspects :
- Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- Working Conditions:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Technical Knowledge/Skill/Education/Licenses/Certifications:
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills, be detail oriented, meet expectations of multiple organizations and possess the ability to understand goal-driven deliverables.
- Requires the ability to either take or recommend the necessary actions to ensure that goals and targets are achieved.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (peers and superiors) toward goal achievement; modify behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Working knowledge of distribution maintenance, distribution construction, testing, distribution/transmission/gas operations, and work management principles is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and Eversource safety rules is also highly desirable.
- Requires a working knowledge of work management systems and scheduling techniques. Experience with Primavera, MS Project, MS Access, and Safran is highly desirable.
- Project and schedule management skills, including knowledge of scheduling tool, Primavera 8 or better or later.
- Knowledge of Construction Principles and Practices, Operations, Maintenance, Safety Standards and Business Processes.
- Requires working knowledge of labor contracts.
- Ability to use laptop/desktop applications (e.g. Outlook and Excel).
- Organizes and facilitates weekly planning meetings with Operating department personnel; weekly communication of the work plan to Operating department personnel; daily monitoring of actual work completed compared to the work plan.
- Prepares the weekly/annual construction schedule utilizing scheduling software such as Primavera.
- Assists with district liaison activities with local and municipal officials.
- Resolves customer issues and concerns as required.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling daily work assignments for Electric/Gas/Transmission departments, as designated
- Ensures that work-plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to achieve company’s strategies and goals;
- Ensures that area resources are available to meet work demands; responsible for scheduling all work in the order of priority that will ensure compliance deadlines and customer needs are fully met.
- Responsible for scheduling daily work assignments in a manner that optimizes crew productivity and minimizes overtime expenditures.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs