Eversource Energy Project Siting & Permitting Specialist in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Responsible for managing the Siting process through development and construction of a project. Activities include: leading and coordinating timely regulatory filings which include, applications, petitions, sub-petitions, or other similar filings specific to state siting, municipal zoning, state departments of transportation, state and private railroads and other related state agencies, ensuring consistency with the regulatory requirements and managing the process for securing these approvals. Provide oversight as to compliance with conditions of approval. Perform siting needs assessment for Connecticut, Massachusetts and/or New Hampshire projects with input from Project Managers and Project Leads.
- Performs siting needs assessments with input from Project Managers/Project Leads
- Leads the preparation of formal applications, petitions, sub-petitions or other similar filings specific to state siting, municipal zoning, state departments of transportation, state and private railroads and other related state agencies for siting new or, upgrading existing, transmission and substation facilities.
- Manages associated inputs, testimony, data request responses by technical disciplines.
- Supports the compliance assurance process regarding Project adherence to conditions of siting approvals and/or permits.
- Maintains proficiency with applicable siting procedures, regulations and orders to ensure consistency and incorporate evolving direction from submittal to submittal.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with agency staffs.
- Supports preparations, evaluations, recommendations and comments for proposed changes in regulatory and permitting policies or for generic proceedings.
- Understanding of electric transmission desired but not required
- Understanding of siting or similar regulatory process preferred
- Understanding of applicable Federal and state energy regulation
- Strong strategic and business acumen
- Strong written and oral communication and influence skills
- Ability to organize and manage cross functional teams including engineers, attorneys, real estate and environmental professionals and outreach/communications personnel
- Ability to analyze information, determine facts and make decisions and recommendations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ability to undertake, with only general supervision, multiple and divergent projects and achieve their successful completion
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and outside stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of information technology and office automation systems
- Bachelor’s Degree: Degree in Environmental, Engineering or Land Planning or related disciplines or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) to eight (8) year’s utility or related industry experience is required. Regulatory and/or legal experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- None required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH, as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate proactively, frequently and concisely
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs