Eversource Energy Project Controls Analyst in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Project Controls Analyst performs varied and complex project management system control activities, including preparation, analysis, and processing of data and reports required for capital program scheduling and cost control; and evaluation, analysis, and project data input into resource and workload optimization tools.
Responsible for identifying and documenting project control business processes in support of Project Management planning and executing capital projects. This position requires technical skills and independent judgment as well as a general knowledge of cost control and scheduling procedures for capital projects. The Project Control Analyst serves as a subject-matter expert as it relates to project controls and related data systems. Project Controls Analyst will review, analyze, evaluate, and administer a variety of actions in the Eversource’s financial, scheduling and project reporting systems. Duties performed may vary depending on area of assignment and annual corporate budgeting cycle.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the implementation of project controls for new and ongoing capital projects;
- Develops or assists in the development of policies and procedures for project management cost controls, project performance reports, and business process analysis;
- Provides, or assists in providing, training in project control methodologies, procedures and systems to project managers, consultants, contractors and other Eversource staff;
- Prepares reports in conjunction with other Eversource staff relating to capital program financials, project management scheduling and resource optimization tools;
- Oversees the accuracy of key input for the Operation’s resource planning;
- Reviews, revises, and maintains system data;
- Provides cost and schedule control support for small projects that are not part of a large capital program;
- Interprets and communicates capital project requirements and assists in the development of improved capital project management procedures in support of project control systems;
- Assists in the design and implementation of information systems, database queries, and software tools to achieve functional goals of project control systems in support of capital projects;
- Assists with the correction of system configuration and user error problems;
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on Eversource’s capital project activities;
- Participates in maintaining utilization of the Project Control Software Tools identifying and assisting in the resolution of issues related to business processes or capital program controls reporting;
- Coordinates with various parties to facilitate the installation of system upgrades;
- Supports the needs of the Projects Management Group and specific project teams;
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: Bacherlor’s Degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree will be considered; MBA or equivalent education highly desirable.
Experience: Five (5) years of related experience preferred with (2) years experience minimum in a project management environment.
Licenses & Certifications: PMP desirable
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.