Eversource Energy Program Manager - Quality Assurance/Quality Control in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
The Program Manager within the Business and Quality Assurance organization supports all aspects of the Eversource project lifecycle process for electric transmission and distribution. As a Program Manager within the Project Solutions department , you will support the project development process and Eversource capital initiatives towards the end goal of improving system reliability for our customers. the Projects Solutions department also supports assessment of business practices across Eversource.
Core Functions for this position include:
- Analyze and assess various Eversource processes and systems. Perform investigations and collect information, perform complex analyses, generate reports including findings and recommendations.
- Manage department software tools, including Microsoft Access and Power Bi databases. Recommend and implement database improvements in support of our department and company internal customers.
Support Department Core Duties-
- Review of project proposal documentation including infrastructure upgrades to Eversource substations, underground transmission and overhead transmission systems.
These upgrades may include these categories of work:
- Major Substation Equipment; transformers, circuit breakers, etc.
- Protection and Controls
- SCADA and Communication
- XLPE and Fluid-Filled Underground Cables
- Overhead transmission structures, conductor, insulators, lightning arrestors and static wire
- Civil and Environmental construction in support electrical upgrades
- QA/QC review of project technical scope, cost and schedule information:
- Ensure proposed project submittals meet quality standards set by Project Solutions and the Eversource Project Approval Committee (EPAC).
- Ensure proposed projects are designed and developed to an appropriate level to justify requested funding amounts.
- Ensure proposed projects are have clear and thoroughly documented justification for their proposed customer investments.
- Work with a diverse team; including Engineering, Controls and Project Management organizations.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, facilitation and communications skills (including written, oral and public speaking)
- Knowledge of the electric power industry
- Experience in engineering or operations – energy or relatable field
- Experience in process improvement - energy or relatable field
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases, Power Bi and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, related discipline or equivalent
Minimum of (10) years of related experience
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently in an office setting where they are required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to visit company facilities such as substations and lines.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs