Eversource Energy Program Manager - Asset Management in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for managing and developing asset management tools and configuration control processes for substation assets. This includes collaboration with various transmission and substation stakeholders to identify and implement process improvements to enable asset management, maintenance and compliance activities. Responsibilities also include developing new tools, capabilities and processes to enhance the monitoring and performance of substation equipment, as well as evaluating new equipment monitoring capabilities and how to interface the various systems to provide better visibility into the health of the system.
- Develops and maintains effective configuration control processes to manage and update substation asset data in various software applications.
- Maintains maintenance triggers in line with Eversource and regulatory inspection/test cycles, and updates as a result of capital improvements.
- Collaborates with maintenance, engineering, operations and projects stakeholders to ensure various business processes support the updating and management of the substation asset management tools.
- Identifies and leads initiatives to review new technologies to enhance equipment monitoring capabilities and interfaces with existing asset management tools.
- Provides quality control review for substation asset data submittals.
- Implements industry best practices with respect to asset management and maintenance tools for the tracking and monitoring of substation assets.
- Develops and manages key reports and queries to support asset management and maintenance functions.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of Transmission power system asset management, maintenance and/or operations. Working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems. Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable. Experience using CASCADE strongly preferred.
Education: A Bachelors’ degree in engineering, technology, computer science or the equivalent degree is required.
Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required. Experience in Energy Delivery, maintenance management systems, or information technology including database management and field hardware preferred. Experience in a leadership role that supports process/culture change is highly desirable.
Licenses & Certifications: Must hold a valid motor vehicle license.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor