Eversource Energy Manager, Project Solutions (Hybrid) in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This is a hybrid role. The first three months are full time in the office.
Role and Scope of Position:
The Manager, Project Solutions heads quality control functions for all electrical infrastructure projects impacting Eversource’s Transmission and Substation assets through leadership of a team responsible for review and quality assurance of infrastructure project proposals and administration of project approval committees, as projects develop from their infancy to eventual execution. The Manager, Project Solutions ensures proposed projects are properly evaluated based on safety and compliance, sustainability and environmental impact, cost vs benefit, schedule, and the company’s strategic vision.
The Manager, Project Solutions is also responsible for ensuring that the internal Eversource project development and approval processes for Transmission and Substation electrical infrastructure projects remain efficient and as needed spearheading initiatives to improve the project development and approval processes across engineering, project management, accounting, siting, operations and other disciplines.
- Manage the overall project lifecycle process across engineering, finance, project management, siting, transmission and distribution operations, system planning, engineering, asset management, cost estimating, etc., to maximize efficiency and quality assurance
- Manage the Eversource Project Approval Committee (EPAC)
- Manage the Solution Design Committee (SDC)
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives related to project lifecycle, EPAC and SDC
- Develop project approval tracking database to manage project authorization through the technical and financial approval process, ensuring timely handoffs and management through Powerplan.
- Establish, track, review and report of KPIs, coordinating with Project Controls, Engineering, Major Projects, Compliance, Siting, Construction and Siting Services etc.
- Assess / audit of Transmission related processes and projects to drive process and performance improvements.
- Support competency development in emerging transmission competitive environment as it relates to project solution development
- Balance system needs with financial and competitive constraints
- Strong leadership, facilitation and communications skills (including written, oral and public speaking)
- Extensive knowledge in electric industry compliance and regulatory affairs
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of (10) to twelve (12) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience managing teams/projects, or investment planning initiatives.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management Certification strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position starts at $144,530.00 to $160,590.00 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site tfor an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include your resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs