Eversource Energy Manager, Customer Group Field Operations in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Manager, Customer Group Field Operations position will manage and coordinate the activities of Customer Group Field Operations within one of the states including meter reading, meter/service, and field collections. The Manager, Customer Group Field Operations position also plans, develops and initiates field-related practices and procedures in the area of budgeting, resource management, work scheduling, employee productivity and training.
- Plans and provides direction to Customer Group field personnel. Recommends staffing levels and reallocates resources of field personnel including meter reading, meter/service, and field collectors.
- Coordinates activities between the field, the Customer Service Centers and other corporate staff departments that affect field operations or the level of customer service.
- Works with the Credit Manager to effectively manage accounts receivable and allocate or share resources as needed to maximize collection activity within their state.
- Coordinates performance management for Customer Group Field Operations and provides direction and guidance on goal achievement. Recommends and implements methodologies to measure the performance of Customer Group field personnel.
- Responsible for promoting and finding creative methods of leading a Safety culture within the group.
- Provide support to administration and negotiation of labor contracts for bargaining unit employees within Customer Group Field Operations.
- Develop reports and tracks progress of Customer Service Field Operations on goal achievement.
- Assist with the development and administration of the annual Customer Group Field Operations budget.
- Identifies training needs of field personnel. Plans and coordinates training for Customer Group field personnel including safety, progression training, technical and customer related training.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires thorough knowledge of systems utilized for customer billing, credit, field work orders and other daily work tasks. Also requires knowledge of union contracts and labor relations policies and procedures. Requires ability to work effectively with all levels within the Organization, and to deal effectively with irate customers and/or sensitive customer or employee situations. Requires strong administrative, communication and leadership skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years in a customer service related field including three to five years of supervisory experience.
Number of Openings:
Customer Service Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor