Eversource Energy Manager, Asset Management, Distribution Substations in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position has the primary responsibility for ensuring that the Eversource Business Strategy for distribution substation assets are optimally developed to provide the highest levels of system reliability at lowest possible costs. The Eversource Business asset strategy will also need to consider the regulatory environment and the impact asset decisions will have on operations. Specific responsibilities include: managing Distribution Substation Business Unit assets to achieve maximum levels of reliability at lowest system costs, providing input to the development and prioritization of the distribution substation capital budgets, providing input to the development and prioritization of the distribution substation maintenance programs and spending levels, managing the benchmarking of Eversource’s distribution substation asset performance relative to the industry, developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with other distribution substation functions thereby ensuring a high level of interaction and quality communications, and managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Asset Management team.
Distribution Substation Equipment Performance:
Collaborates with the Reliability Assessment and Program Development team to define an operational strategy for the utilization of asset resources, taking into account asset life cycle planning and risk analysis.
- Manages Distribution Substation reliability, including goal setting, reporting, System Operations Review committee activities, and developing strategies for improvement.
- Develops and issues additional Distribution Substation performance measures, identifying gaps and opportunities in performance to improve future project performance.
- Utilizes Distribution Substation asset data base, including the asset condition, maintenance history and fleet demographics to inform capital program development.
- Communicates the Reliability Assessment and Program Development strategy throughout Eversource and to external parties as necessary.
Capital Program Development:
Managing the development of the Distribution Substation capital budget and the prioritization of the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) initiatives, ensuring that Eversource’s highest priority needs are met.
- Identifies and prioritizes projects for inclusion in the One-Year Capital Budget Plan and development of detailed project scope and schedule. Interfaces with Transmission Planning and Operations and Project Management to create the capital and O&M parts of the plan, respectively.
- Participates in the development of the five-year, three-state Distribution Substation Capital Budget.
- Coordinates Substation Project Development and Tracking for Asset Condition and System Planning projects to align with the capital plan.
- Implement process improvements with respect to budget planning, and project lifecycle tracking.
- Support regulatory interrogatories with respect to substation budgets and reliability.
Manages Distribution Substation benchmarking efforts including identifying best practices and opportunities for future improvement. Uses the input to oversee the development of strategies, tools and procedures for managing Distribution Substation assets.
- Asset Management team oversight:
- · Manages the performance of the Asset Management team. Develops employees through the use of performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Knowledge of substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Substation business plan.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, applying effective leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Ability to identify and implement process improvements that impact areas of responsibilities.
Education : A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required. An electrical engineering degree is preferred. An advanced degree is in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable.Ex perience: A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry and supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and substation experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs