Eversource Energy Lead Project Manager - Project Solutions in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Job Description Summary
The Lead Engineer within Project Solutions is responsible for leading a diverse department team. The department’s core duties include: Review of proposed projects including infrastructure upgrades to Eversource substations, underground transmission and overhead transmission systems.
Project Solutions within the Business and Quality Assurance organization supports all aspects of the Eversource project lifecycle process for electric transmission and distribution. Project Solutions supports the project development process and Eversource capital initiatives towards the end goal of improving system reliability for our customers.
The Lead Project Manager within Project Solutions is responsible for leading a diverse department team. The department’s core duties include: Review of proposed projects including infrastructure upgrades to Eversource substations, underground transmission and overhead transmission systems.
These upgrades may include these categories of work:
Major Substation Equipment; transformers, circuit breakers, etc.
Protection and Controls
SCADA and Communication
XLPE and Fluid-Filled Underground Cables
Overhead transmission structures, conductor, insulators, lightning arrestors and static wire
Civil and Environmental construction in support electrical upgrades
QA/QC review of project technical scope, cost and schedule information:
- Ensure proposed project submittals meet quality standards set by Project Solutions and the Eversource Project Approval Committee (EPAC).
- Ensure proposed projects are designed and developed to an appropriate level to justify requested funding amounts.
- Ensure proposed projects are have clear and thoroughly documented justification for their proposed customer investments.
- Leads department operations with a key focus on resource management, department workload management and prioritization, internal customer interaction and support, assurance of department quality control.
- Supports the overall project lifecycle process across engineering, finance, project management, siting, transmission and distribution operations, system planning, engineering, asset management, cost estimating, etc., to maximize efficiency and quality assurance.
- Supports the Eversource Project Approval Committee (EPAC).
- Supports the Solution Design Committee (SDC).
- Identifies and implements process improvement initiatives related to project lifecycle, EPAC and SDC.
- Supports development and maintenance of department tools which manage project authorization through the technical and financial approval process, ensuring timely handoffs and management through Powerplan.
- Establishes, track, review and report of KPIs, coordinating with Project Controls, Engineering, Major Projects, Compliance, Siting, Construction and Siting Services etc.
- Supplement department individual contributor roles as required.
- Supports competency development in emerging transmission competitive environment as it relates to project solution development.
- Balances system needs with financial and competitive constraints.
- Supports assessments / audits of Transmission related processes and projects to drive process and performance improvements.
- Supports strategy and plan of action to perform internal audits.
- Develops means to ensure systems/processes are working as designed.
- Works with a diverse team; including Engineering, Controls and Project Management organizations.
- Strong leadership, facilitation and communications skills (including written, oral and public speaking)Extensive knowledge in electric industry compliance and regulatory affairsAbility to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, related discipline or equivalentexperience.
Eight (8) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience supervising teams/projects, or investment planninginitiatives preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Project Management Certification of Professional Engineering Certification preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs