Eversource Energy Lead Engineer - Distribution Substation Program in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)1.Role and Scope of Position:
This position has the primary responsibility for leading a team of engineers, ensuring that the Eversource Business Strategy for the distribution substation program are optimally developed to provide the highest levels of system reliability at lowest possible costs. The Eversource business strategy will also need to consider the regulatory environment. Specific responsibilities include: developing coordinated distribution substation programs and budgets, identifying process improvements with respect to development, approval and management of distribution substation projects, providing input to the development and prioritization of the distribution substation capital budgets, providing input to the development and prioritization of the distribution substation maintenance programs and spending levels, developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with other functions thereby ensuring a high level of interaction and quality communications, and managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the team.
Capital Program Development:
Providing input to the development and prioritization of the Distribution Substation capital budget, ensuring that Eversource’s highest priority needs are met.
- Identifies and prioritizes projects for inclusion in the One-Year Capital Budget Plan and development of detailed project scope and schedule. Interfaces with System Planning, Operations, Engineering and Project Management to create the capital parts of the plan, respectively.
- Participates in the development of the five-year, three-state Transmission and Substation Capital Budget.
Substation Project Coordination and Process Improvement:
Coordinates substation process improvements with the Manager of Project Solutions to incorporate a comprehensive Project Lifecyle process, including Distribution Substation Projects.
- Coordinates Project development with Asset Management for project approvals, and asset data updates for the distribution substation portfolio.
- Develops operational strategies for the utilization of asset resources, taking into account asset life cycle planning and risk analysis.
- Analyzes Substation reliability and project performance, including goal setting, metrics, reporting, developing strategies for improvement.
- Develops and issues additional performance measures, identifying gaps and opportunities in performance to improve future project performance.
- Implements tri-state processes for consistent collection and management of data to support substation strategies, programs, and processes
- Team oversight:
- Supervises the performance of the assigned team. Develops employees through the use of performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Supports the development of organization plans and processes to drive overall efficiency and culture change.
- Knowledge of substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- Strong background in process improvement.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, applying effective leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable. Experience using CASCADE strongly preferred.
Education : A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required. An electrical engineering degree is preferred. An advanced degree is in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable.
Ex perience: A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry and supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently in an office setting where they are required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and may occasionally be required to visit a Company facility where they would be required to use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet .
- The employee is occasionally exposed to uneven terrain and outside weather conditions.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs