Eversource Energy Lead Engineer - Asset Management in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position has the primary responsibility for leading a team of engineers, ensuring that the Eversource Business Strategy for transmission and substation assets are optimally developed to provide the highest levels of system reliability at lowest possible costs. The Eversource business asset strategy will also need to consider the regulatory environment and the impact asset decisions will have on operations as well as major cost drivers such as congestion. Specific responsibilities include: managing Transmission and Substation business unit assets to achieve maximum levels of reliability at lowest system costs, providing input to the development and prioritization of the transmission/substation capital budgets, providing input to the development and prioritization of the transmission and substation maintenance programs and spending levels, managing the benchmarking of Eversource’s transmission asset performance relative to the industry, developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with other transmission functions thereby ensuring a high level of interaction and quality communications, and managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the Asset Management team.
Transmission and Substation Equipment Performance:
Develops operational strategies for the utilization of asset resources, taking into account asset life cycle planning and risk analysis.
- Analyzes Transmission and Substation reliability, including goal setting, reporting, System Operations Review committee activities, and developing strategies for improvement.
- Develops and issues additional Transmission System performance measures, identifying gaps and opportunities in performance to improve future project performance.
- Facilitates the creation and maintenance of the Transmission and Substation asset database, including the asset conditions and lifecycle planning.
- Implements tri-state processes for consistent collection and management of equipment data to support asset management strategies and equipment programs.
Communicates the Asset Management strategy throughout Eversource and to external parties as necessary.
Capital Program Development:
Providing input to the development of the Transmission Business capital budget and the prioritization of the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) initiatives, ensuring that Eversource’s highest priority needs are met.
- Identifies and prioritizes projects for inclusion in the One-Year Capital Budget Plan and development of detailed project scope and schedule. Interfaces with Transmission Planning and Operations and Management to create the capital and O&M parts of the plan, respectively.
Participates in the development of the five-year, three-state Transmission and Substation Capital Budget.
Facilitates Transmission & Substation benchmarking efforts including identifying best practices and opportunities for future improvement. Uses the input to oversee the development of strategies, tools and procedures for managing Transmission assets.
Asset Management team oversight:
· Supervises the performance of the Asset Management team. Develops employees through the use of performance management, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Knowledge of transmission and substation power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the Federal and New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, applying effective leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource’s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable. Experience using CASCADE strongly preferred.
Education : A Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required. An electrical engineering degree is preferred. An advanced degree is in Engineering or Business Administration is desirable.
Ex perience: A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry and supervisory experience is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs