Avangrid Warehouse Materials Handler in Goldendale, Washington
Warehouse Materials Handler
Company: AVANGRID LOGISTIC SERVICE
Goldendale, WA, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
The Warehouse Material Handler is responsible for the safe and efficient handling of materials received, stored and shipped through the Regional Distribution Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Move merchandise by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment to maintain continuous flow of merchandise.
• May be responsible for the unloading and stocking of incoming merchandise, picking of outgoing merchandise and loading of outbound truck or trailers.
• Checks, verifies and audits merchandise and enters data into remote PC system to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective.
• Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise on pallets to enable merchandise to be relocated to appropriate area in distribution center.
• May operate a forklift to move and put away merchandise.
• Obtains customer orders identifying merchandise that has been requested. Fills merchandise order by selecting and moving merchandise from active slot into appropriate packaging container(s) in order to fill.
• Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues.
• Resolve problems or discrepancies with help from immediate WH Supervisor.
• Meet department demands without sacrificing quality.
• Maintain an acceptable level of attendance based on attendance policy.
• Ensure safety techniques are used in all aspects of daily work responsibilities.
• Deliver customer orders to their location by driving company pick-up truck/trailer. N/A for contracted employees.
• Perform monthly compliance reports.
• Perform visual inspections of safety equipment and machinery.
• Maintain cleanliness of warehouse facility.
• Research parts identification from system database
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
• Proficient English language reading and speaking skills to communicate with co-workers; understand and provide directions; respond to management inquiries and make entries on reports and records.
• Exhibit skills and attitude which demonstrate commitment to Company policies, principles and processes.
• Basic knowledge of simple match concepts.
• Basic knowledge of use and operations of motorized merchandise movement equipment. Maintain annual certification requirements.
• Be in possession of valid state driver’s license.
• Continuous effort at the level represented by the handling of weighted merchandise, up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to stand, stoop, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time to do the job.
• Ability to perform work with hands and/or arms in the same repetitive motion above and below the shoulder level.
• Ability to assemble and disassemble shelving units and shipping boxes.
• Familiar with basic hand & power tools.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Basic rigging knowledge helpful.
Conditions of Employment:
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references, drug screen and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com