MDU Resources Group Land Surveyor in Glendive MT / Bismarck, North Dakota
Company:WBI Energy Transmission, Inc.
Location:Glendive MT / Bismarck , ND
Hiring Manager:Robert W Stanhope
Closing Date:10/15/2021at 11:59pm CDT
Entry Level:$6,147 - $7,683 /month
Position is eligible for Employee Referral Program.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for performing a variety of land and route surveys and preparing various permit applications for the construction or placement of company facilities. Responsible for certifying legal documents and plats.
• Must possess a working knowledge of land surveying at a level normally acquired through the completion of a two-year degree in surveying technology, geomatics or related field or equivalent experience; and
• Four years land surveyor experience; and
• Registered Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) and the ability to obtain licensure in a state within our service territory within one year; and
• AutoCad and Global Positioning System (GPS) education or experience.
• Must take all measures necessary to protect networks, devices, programs and data from cyber-attack, damage or unauthorized access.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Required to maintain PLS license.
• Requires travel: Extensive (50% +).
• May be subject to the Company’s random substance abuse testing program.
• Position can be located in Glendive, MT or Bismarck, ND.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers and commercially available software.
• Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to take on new challenges, and the ability to work independently.
• Maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
• Proven time management and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and mapping.
• Pipeline/route surveying experience.
• Registered Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in a state within our service territory
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/WBI-69.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.