Dominion Energy Engineer III or Engineering Technical Specialist III - Fleet Nuclear Licensing in GLEN ALLEN, Virginia
Engineer III or Engineering Technical Specialist III - Fleet Nuclear Licensing
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
We offer a hybrid 3-2 work schedule (three days in the office, two days of teleworking) to accommodate the need for flexibility.
Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined below will be considered for this opportunity.
A Licensing Engineer or Technical Specialist is needed to support the Fleet Nuclear Licensing department. This position provides expert support, direction and advice on active and emerging regulatory issues regarding the assigned plant or project. The incumbent in this position must be able to work independently, yet develop NBU consensus positions on complex inter-departmental licensing issues. The individual must possess solid communication skills (both written and oral) as the position coordinates offsite NRC communication, correspondence and Technical Specification reviews that originate or must be approved at corporate. The position is the primary interface with the applicable NRC Project Management and coordinates development and communication of NBU licensing priorities with the NRC. There is one position that will be filled at the level commensurate with the successful candidate's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experience required for entry into this job include the following:
• Engineer III: 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Engineering Technical Specialist III: 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Full knowledge of engineering theories and principles.
• Skilled in use of advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines.
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead.
• Provide guidance to less experienced engineers.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing).
• Strong personal computer skills.
• Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
• Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices.
• In depth knowledge of various computer applications, with the ability to manipulate personal computer applications and perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.)
• Equally effective working independently or in team environment.
• Proven decision making skills.
• Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Strong planning, organizational and project management skills.
• In depth knowledge of NRC organization and regulations.
• Nuclear licensing experience preferred.
• Experience working with Nuclear Security regulations and licensing basis preferred.
Note: A partial year of related work experience of 6 months or greater will count as one year toward the year of experience. A Master's Degree will count as one year toward the years of experience.
Military service members and veterans with a rank of E-5 or higher plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above are encouraged to apply.
For placement of a candidate in the Engineer job series, the following criteria must be met:
• Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
• Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
• Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
• Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education:
Preferred Discipline(s): Engineering Technology, Physics, Biology, Computer Engineering
Other discipline(s) may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Cold Up to 25%
Confined spaces Up to 25%
Dust / Grease / Oil Up to 25%
Fumes Up to 25%
Heat Up to 25%
Loud Noise Up to 25%
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Operating Machinery Up to 25%
Outdoors Up to 25%
Radiation Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
There are many reasons to work at Dominion Energy, but below are the top three employees have shared with us. Click on each of the links to learn more!
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable.
I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy.
We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America.
·Headquarters: Richmond, VA
·16 states in the US
·$100 billion of assets
·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions
·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Our Commitment to NetZero by 2050
We’ve cut carbon emissions from our electric generation business by approximately 46% (since 2005) and methane emissions from our natural gas business by 38% (since 2010) — and. By growing wind, solar, and renewable natural gas and pursuing innovative technologies, we expect to achieve net zero emissions by 2050. We’ve also committed to reducing the emissions of our suppliers and customers — so we can all move forward together.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Nuclear Engineering, Testing, Nuclear, Technical Writer, Project Manager, Engineering, Technology, Energy
- Dominion Energy Jobs