Dominion Energy Associate Financial Analyst in GLEN ALLEN, Virginia
Associate Financial Analyst
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
This is a multi-faceted support position within Nuclear’s Financial Management Group. The position will focus on three areas 1) the consolidation and development of the capital forecast/budgets for the nuclear fleet (DESC, DEV & Contracted Assets) 2) Provide O&M support to the DEV nuclear sites and 3) DES support departments. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support the capital management process by coordinating the executive approval process
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly and annual capital forecasts
• Coordinate the CWIP monthly review and reporting
• Provide financial support to the stations during planned outages
• Working with analysts to update detailed operating and financial reporting for multiple departments and sites
• Analyze and monitor financial and operating performance. Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actual versus budget/forecast)
• Identify trends and issues to ensure quality financial results
• Use best practices to improve reporting processes
• Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
• Preform other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
0 to 2 years of financial experience
• Good organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of financial principles, cost control and analysis is required
• Accounting standards and practices
• High attention to detail
• Highly motivated with an aptitude for continuous learning
• Strong Excel skills
• SAP Experience
• Anaplan Experience
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined above.
• Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience are encouarged to apply
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Office Work Environment 76 -100%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
There are many reasons to work at Dominion Energy, but below are the top three employees have shared with us. Click on each of the links to learn more!
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable.
I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy.
We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America.
·Headquarters: Richmond, VA
·16 states in the US
·$100 billion of assets
·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions
·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Our Commitment to NetZero by 2050
We’ve cut carbon emissions from our electric generation business by approximately 43% (since 2005) and methane emissions from our natural gas business by 32% (since 2010) — and we're just getting started . By growing wind, solar, and renewable natural gas and pursuing innovative technologies, we expect to achieve net zero emissions by 2050. We’ve also committed to reducing the emissions of our suppliers and customers — so we can all move forward together.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Nuclear, SAP, ERP, Energy, Technology
- Dominion Energy Jobs