NextEra Energy Home Improvement Service Technician-Electrician in Ft Myers, Florida
Home Improvement Service Technician-Electrician
Date:Feb 20, 2018
Primary Location:Ft Myers, FL, US, 33902
Company:NextEra Energy Jupiter-Tequesta A/C, Plumbing & Electric provides plumbing and air conditioning services to customers in Broward, Palm Beach and Martin counties in Florida. It’s owned by a subsidiary of FPL Energy Services – a leader with more than 25 years of experience providing effective, comprehensive energy solutions.
Position Specific Description Job Purpose: This position will be primarily servicing Fort Myers-Lee County area. The applicant must have the ability to read electrical, logic and control wiring diagrams and be knowledgeable about electrical systems repair.
Ideal candidates possess the following characteristics:
- Embrace a customer service mindset, including putting timely customer response first.
- Provide high quality work product.
- Focus on teamwork.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Value diversity.
- Conduct work in a clean, neat, and professional manner.
- Journeyman License preferred Job Overview Employees in this role are primarily responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and installing electrical wiring, lighting, fixtures, motors, and electrical panels. This position assists customers in addressing electrical service needs inside the home. Employees must maintain a neat and clean appearance, maintain a positive attitude and strive to maintain a positive relationship with customers. This role may also train and oversee helper electricians.
Job Duties & Responsibilities Under general supervision:
- Installs and repairs residential electrical equipment safely
- Operates a company motor vehicle safely
- Ensures appropriate documentation, invoicing, and payment processing is completed for customer jobs
- Uses voltmeters, ohmmeters, wiring diagrams, blueprints, and tools in an accurate, safe, and appropriate manner
- Ensures customer satisfaction and provides high quality customer services to customers
- Trains Associate Technicians
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 7+ years
Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL) Preferred Qualifications
Licensed Master Electrician
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians Job Role: Senior Technician Organization: FPL Energy Services, Inc (0008) Location: Ft Myers Service Center Ft Myers, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Fort Myers Nearest Secondary Market:Cape Coral