Arizona Public Service Electrical & Instrumentation Planner, Generation (Four Corners Power Plant) in FRUITLAND, New Mexico
Electrical & Instrumentation Planner, Generation (Four Corners Power Plant)
Apply now »
Date: Jan 7, 2022
Location: FRUITLAND, NM, US, 87416
Arizona Public Service generates clean, reliable and affordable energy for 2.7 million Arizonans. Our service territory stretches across the state, from the border town of Douglas to the vistas of the Grand Canyon, from the solar fields of Gila Bend to the ponderosa pines of Payson. As the state’s largest and longest-serving energy provider, our more than 6,000 dedicated employees power our vision of creating a sustainable energy future for Arizona.
Since our founding in 1886, APS has demonstrated a strong commitment to our customers in one of the country’s fastest growing states, earning a reputation for customer satisfaction, shareholder value, operational excellence and business integrity.
Our present and future success depends on the creative and dedicated people of our company who demonstrate the principles outlined in the APS Promise: Design for Tomorrow, Empower Each Other and Succeed Together.
The Four Corners Fossil-Fuel Generating plant is located 18 miles west of Farmington, a community of about 40,000, in the northwest region of New Mexico.
Because the Four Corners Fossil-Fuel Generating plant is on the Navajo Reservation, Navajo preference will apply in the job selection.
The Generation E&I Planner at Four Corners Power Plant develops work packages for assigned areas by planning and coordinating the labor, material and other resources necessary to complete the work in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner. Provides direction and technical expertise in specific systems (for example, electrical, instrumentation, controls, mechanical) or equipment (for example, scrubber, turbine) to develop work packages for routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, emergent work, planned outages, unplanned outages and project work. Interfaces with outside services, resources and vendors to support the work. Determines level of support required from Supply Chain, Maintenance, Engineering, Safety and Operations Departments to develop, maintain, and complete work packages. Supports all work management activities during outage periods.
For Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Planners: High school diploma/GED plus five (5) years E&I journeyman experience in a Power Plant or equivalent industry.
Must possess knowledge of plant systems and their operating interfaces and interactions.
Must have experience with project management software and tracking plant work activities.
Must qualify as a maintenance supervisor.
1) Consistently demonstrate compliance with the APS Code of Conduct and Core Values.
2) Once work order is identified, uses discretion, independent judgment and technical expertise to scope and develop a specific work plan to address issues, ensuring quality and attention to detail result in a complete and executable work package to help ensure the continued operation of equipment and systems critical to our business.
3) Analyzes equipment subject to work order in order to determine the labor, materials and equipment necessary for the work package
4) In developing a work package, determines which plant procedures apply and identifies and obtains any permits/clearances necessary to perform the work package
5) Engages other subject matter experts as needed (e.g., Operations, Maintenance, Safety, and Engineering) to ensure work packages are developed, maintained, and closed with the highest level of accuracy.
6) Identifies/specifies correct parts and materials to support work package activities, including identification/coding of contingency material where appropriate. Ensures that quality requirements and sufficient quantity are reserved to facilitate repairs or replacements identified in work packages.
7) Determines necessary craft skills, duration and number required to perform the work.
8) Provides all appropriate documentation/attachments for special requirements such as Foreign Material Exclusion, Confined Space permits, Tag Out, Maintenance Alteration Log, etc.
9) Ensures Environmental Best Management Practices are addressed and included as part of the work package development process.
10) Advises and consults by providing technical direction to personnel during performance of work packages in order to correct emergent problems and clarification of work package issues.
11) Provides input and status updates for coordination and industrial safety requirements to APS Management.
12) Functions as Maintenance Supervisor when required.
Export Compliance / EEO Statement
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, 'U.S. Export Control Laws'). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ('Pinnacle West') maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster. View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
This position requires employees to work at the (Location), with some flexibility. Flexibility will be determined with the hired employee and leadership.