Dominion Energy Supervisor- Power Generation (O&M) in FRONT ROYAL, Virginia
Supervisor- Power Generation (O&M)
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
Warren County Power Station is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented leader to supervise the station’s Maintenance teams in the operation of station equipment and facilities. Provides leadership in the implementation of policies, procedures, condition-based assessments and work methods for the Maintenance team. Oversees production at the company's generating facilities to provide safe, environmentally responsible, reliable, efficient and economical service to customers. Ensures that the station operates within company, local, state and federal policies and regulations. Coordinates activities with other departments at the station. Ensures that the proper equipment is available and maintained. This position directly supervises union craft employees.
Relocation assistance can be offered to the successful eligible candidate.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
Provides supervisor leadership in the implementation of policies, procedures for the Operation and preventative maintenance program.
• Ensures adequate coverage is available and assigned for all shifts, seven days a week in a 24-hour plant operation.
• Ensures the station operates within company, local, state and federal environmental and regulatory policies, and procedures.
• Ensures that plant operations are in-compliance with regulatory and environmental requirements.
• Coordinates activities with maintenance, environmental/safety and other groups internal and external to the station.
• Has ownership and oversight that the station's safety LOTO program is properly observed.
• Reviews and monitors plant performance evaluations and collected associated data.
• Ensures daily safety briefings are held for all jobs, and that the required personal protection equipment (PPE) is available and used, all hazards and safety measures identified, communicated, and taken by employees (and contractors) prior to work being performed.
• Sets and communicates standards for performance, safety, and professional behavior.
• Conducts Human Performance Observations to make sure team members are working safely and following the guidelines of the Safety Resource Manual.
• Reviews Standards with their team and encourages the use of these standards to develop the expectation of a high performing team.
• Performs general leadership and administrative duties such as setting business and/or technical/developmental goals for direct reports; conducts and documents quarterly discussions regarding performance, coaching and counseling sessions.
• Coaches and encourages employees in the development of their skills and abilities, manages performance, safety and training for direct reports.
• Works closely with Operations to ensure that operational needs and plant issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Attends and may present at leadership meetings and training as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Advanced knowledge of fossil power stations operations, typically gained through considerable related work experience. Working knowledge of labor contract and employee relations policies. Thorough understanding of company safety policies/programs, and environmental and regulatory policies/requirements. Basic knowledge and applications of mathematics, chemistry, physics, and computer operations.Full knowledge of coal handling equipment and coal pile management.Basic knowledge of construction techniques and railroad operations.Skills: leadership, problem-solving, negotiating, effective communications.
5+ years of Power Station Maintenance/Operations directly related/comparable work experience with a bachelor degree; or
7+ years of Power Station Maintenance/ Operations directly related/comparable work experience with an associate degree; or
9+ years of Power Station Maintenance/Operations or directly related/comparable work experience with a High School diploma/GED
Note: A partial year of related experience of 6 months or greater will count towards a full year of experience.
Advanced knowledge of power generating station maintenance or operations which is typically gained through considerable related work experience.
Working knowledge of labor contract and company policies.
Thorough understanding of company safety policies/programs, and environmental and regulatory policies/requirements.
Basic knowledge and application of mathematics, chemistry, physics, and computer operations.
Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrates effective communication skills, skilled in providing clear direction to subordinates, and keeping management informed of plant operational, performance or maintenance issues.
Ability to use Microsoft office products to create and edit procedures and communicate by email to others.
Ability to effectively influence individual and groups without direct authority.
Ability to provide direction to others, address employee issues, coach and provide feedback to subordinates.
Ability to develop and set business and/or technical goals for direct reports, and conduct meaningful, collaborative quarterly discussion with employees to facilitate growth and development.
Ability to accept and adapt to change.
Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations.
Must be able and willing to work 12-hour, rotating shifts schedules, which includes holidays and weekends. Will primarily be required to work in a plant environment.
Possess previous experience in power plant equipment.
Previous supervisory work experience or demonstrated leadership skills as a project lead, contractor lead, or related experience preferred.
Supervisory experience preferred
• Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined.
Education RequirementsEducation Requirements
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Associates
Preferred disciplines: Power Plant Technology, Mechanical, Instrumentation and Controls, Electrical, Engineering Technology, Business, Business Administration or a comparable program preferred
Loud Noise 76-100%
Operating Machinery 76-100%
Other Working Conditions
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy
1. Great Work Life Balance
2. Generous Pay and Benefits
3. Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
About Dominion Energy
I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable.
I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy.
We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America.
·Headquarters: Richmond, VA
·16 states in the US
·$100 billion of assets
·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions
·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Power Plant Operator, Instrumentation, Management, Engineering, Energy
- Dominion Energy Jobs