Pike Corporation Designer I - Substation Physical - Electrical/Civil/Structural Design in Fort Mill, South Carolina
This is the first level of the Designer classification. Provide technical expertise to solve in a specific area of design expertise, with close supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop skills in their area of expertise, and the ability to work with greater independence.
Please note: This design role will be in the Substation Physical Engineering group in the Transmission & Substation Engineering division of Pike Engineering. This person will work closely with Engineers and Senior Designers in the development of High-voltage Substation Engineering design packages for utility and renewables clients. See desired qualifications below
Duties & Responsibilities : Under close supervision, in the area of expertise will provide
• technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
• effective planning, organizing, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
• thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings and sketches.
• continuous improvement of job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance • effective oral and written communication skills
• maintain accurate records and files
• support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• Graduation from a college or university with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent) or 2 to 4 years of equivalent experience with no degree
• Proven STRONG Micro station skills
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
• Experience in the utility industry
**Strong Micro-station Skills
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work). The employee may be subject to one or more of the following atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering is an equal opportunity employer Minorities /Females/Vet/Disabled
Pike is a Non-Union Company
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Designer I - Substation Physical - Electrical/Civil/Structural Design
Location: South Carolina-Fort Mill
Requisition ID: 1900020E