NextEra Energy Temp Outage - N Maintenance Section Supervisor in Florida City, Florida
Temp Outage - N Maintenance Section Supervisor
Date:Aug 21, 2018
Primary Location:Florida City, FL, US, 33035
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26343
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This is a temporary position supporting the outage at Turkey Point Nuclear site. The Maintenance Section Supervisor can have a background in Mechanical, Electrical or I&C. The role is scheduled to go from September 17th through October 30th, 2018.
Job Overview This position ensures timely completion of plant equipment maintenance work. Employees in this role oversee predictive and preventive maintenance activities to ensure continuity of operations. Individuals guide diagnostics, corrective action, repair, replacement, testing, and calibration of plant equipment, systems and instrumentation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and oversees maintenance procedures, methods and programs
- Coordinates maintenance activities among plant and fleet departments
- Establishes and enforces expectations related to safety, procedure compliance, corrective actions and appropriate work behaviors
- Performs job site observations to ensure safety and quality standards are met
- Conducts daily briefings of work status
- Oversees daily employee activities, training, and performance management
- Makes routine supervisory decisions
- Informs management of plant issues and status of objectives
- Maintains program compliance with plant, fleet and industry requirements
- Creates and achieves group budget
- Meets or exceeds site-specific ANSI standard requirements
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's - Engineering
Nuclear Experience: 5+ years Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
Maintenance, operations and/or engineering experience at either a nuclear or fossil generating station: 5+ years
- Experience with generating station maintenance activities
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical field or Associate's degree in related maintenance field or military background in either maintenance or nuclear operations
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Temporary Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Florida City, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy