NextEra Energy Nuclear Training Ops Instructor Sr in Florida City, Florida
Nuclear Training Ops Instructor Sr
Date:Mar 31, 2021
Primary Location:Florida City, FL, US, 33035
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 52498
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description At Florida Power & Light, our people are our biggest asset. Everyday our employees help us deliver safe, affordable, and reliable service to our more than 4.8 million customers. They are helping shape our company and how our customers see us. With eight nuclear reactors at five plant sites around the country, today, FPL’s nuclear fleet is one of the largest in the nation. Currently, we are seeking Senior Operations Training Instructors to join our team at Turkey Point and assist across the fleet as needed. This dual unit nuclear facility is located on beautiful 11,000-acre site protected by mangrove trees. The site is located about 25 miles south of Miami, Florida and generates enough power to supply the annual needs of more than 1 million homes.
This job is responsible for preparing employees to pass the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) initial and requalification operator and senior operator licensing examinations. Employees in this role deliver integrated systems training to participants that covers plant operations and prepares them to stand field and/or control room watch duty. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, implements and presents integrated systems training and initial operator and requalification training programs in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements
- Operates the simulator and classroom display instruction system during training in accordance with approved procedures
- Develops and administers written and oral examinations to include simulator and plant observation
- Evaluates and documents operator candidate knowledge of controls and systems
- Revises instructional materials to reflect changes in plant design, current plant practices, regulations, and/or operating philosophies
- Provides direction to less experienced instructors and function as program lead
- Maintains a senior reactor operator certification or license for the site where instruction duties are being performed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Nuclear Experience: 8+ years
- Senior Reactor Operator Certification
- Bachelor's - Sciences
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Certified Nuc Trng Instructor Classroom
- SRO License - Active, Inactive, or Prior
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's in a technical field (e.g., Math, Physical Sciences specialty, Engineering) or equivalent education and/or experience
- Related industry OR nuclear operations training experience: 8+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Training Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Florida City, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs