NextEra Energy Nuclear Construction Lead in Florida City, Florida
Nuclear Construction Lead
Date:Dec 30, 2020
Primary Location:Florida City, FL, US, 33035
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47334
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
At Florida Power & Light, our people are our biggest asset. Everyday our employees help us deliver safe, affordable, and reliable service to our more than 4.8 million customers. They are helping shape our company and how our customers see us. With eight nuclear reactors at five plant sites around the country, today, FPL’s nuclear fleet is one of the largest in the nation. Currently, we are seeking a Nuclear Construcion Lead to join our team at our Turkey Point Nuclear Plant and be responsible to support the oversight of capital projects at Turkey Point and assist across the fleet as needed. This dual unit nuclear facility is located on beautiful 11,000-acre site protected by mangrove trees. The site is located about 25 miles south of Miami, Florida and generates enough power to supply the annual needs of more than 1 million homes.
Some additional job responsibilities include:
- Perform work estimates and specifications
- Develop construction work schedules and implementation plans
- Electrical background is highly preferred Job Overview
This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of construction and maintenance work performed by contractors and/or vendors. Employees in this role evaluate labor productivity, schedule compliance, work quality and safety performance by craft workers in the field. The successful candidate engages and documents field observations to ensure the supplemental labor force meets the highest degree of industrial and nuclear safety, and human performance standards. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in walk downs of field work to evaluate construction, resource allocation and design requirements
- Assess field performance status and implement solutions to alleviate concerns
- Manages scope control, budget, schedules and work in progress to ensure construction supervisors are effectively implementing their assigned tasks
- Provides leadership to construction supervisors and supplemental workforce
- Coaches and communicates department, station and division goals
- Validates performance and the achievement of goals
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 5+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 3+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Nuclear Experience: 5+ years
Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Construction or maintenance experience at a nuclear facility or electric utility: 5+ years
- Project estimating, budgeting and cost tracking and control: 3+ years
- Construction supervisory experience with building trades craft personnel: 3+ years
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Florida City, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs