Duke Energy Sr Engineering Technologist in Florence, South Carolina
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Senior Engineering Technologist
Primary location is Florence, SC. Open to other Operation Centers in the Duke Energy Progress SC area. To be discussed during the interview
This is the fourth level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role job classification and considered the Career level for the job hierarchy. Senior Engineering Technologist provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems, and leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently with increased latitude for unreviewed work.
With Minimal Supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work:
· Work closely with leadership to provide subject matter technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
· Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
· Independently prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
· Conducts engineering and related studies.
· Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
· Develops and maintains strong relationships both internally and externally to effectively coordinate and complete work plans in a timely manner. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
· Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Coaches and mentors other Engineering Technologists.
Basic/ Required Qualifications:
· Either 6 or more years of relevant industry experience coupled with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), Or 8 or more years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), Or 12 or more years equivalent experience without a degree.
· Experience in the utility industry.
· Proficient in applying principles of project management.
· Previous leadership experience.
· Experience using drawing/design tools such as Bentley, CAD, etc.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)No
Visa Sponsored PositionNo
Posting Expiration Date
Sunday, November 18, 2018
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, supplying and delivering electricity to approximately 7.4 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 52,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.5 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Regardless of your skill set or specific interest, we're looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our people make us great - and we're always looking for more. Find your career path today at Duke Energy, where it's more than a career - it's a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Duke Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in the Department of Labor EEO Poster and Supplement.