Arizona Public Service Electrical Engineer III/Sr. - Four Corners Power Plant in Farmington, New Mexico
Four Corners Power Plantis looking for an Electrical Engineer III/Srwho will independently provide technical engineering, design, economic and analytical support to participate in the development of long-range system plans and conducting of engineering RFP's, proposals and presentations. Share accountability with others to accomplish sales, retention, DSM, and other applicable goals. May be primary company contact and sales representative for assigned trade ally companies. Influence trade allies to design and install energy efficient electrical equipment to support marketing and sales goals. Perform professional engineering/marketing tasks, requiring skills and experience gained through application of engineering methods and analysis. Requires some supervision or guidance. Has increasing responsibility for technical decisions and interpretations. Provide limited technical guidance and leadership to others as needed. Ensure reliability and safe operations and propose economical solutions to be budgeted. Subject to shift work.
Engineer III Minimum Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) from an accredited college or university or Professional Engineer designation plus five (5) years working experience or 9 years equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess comprehensive knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, practices, and methods in the area of individual's discipline. Must have good understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices; safety rules; company policies and union agreements.
Sr. Engineer Minimum Requirements
Requires Bachelors degree in Engineering (applicable engineering discipline specific to area of assignment) plus eight (8) years engineering experience, or Professional Engineer designation plus eight (8) years engineering experience or 12 years equivalent combination of technical education and experience. (Fossil requirements; the latter is to be approved by a Technical Review Board). Must possess in depth knowledge of energy analysis, engineering applications, business, and finance, applicable codes, standards practices and methods in the area of assigned discipline. In-depth understanding of construction, operating and engineering practices safety rules company policies and union agreements.
1) Make decisions and recommendations that have a moderate effect on the overall organization performance. Has long term impact.
2) Typically influential in setting long term goals and objectives. Is depended upon regularly in one or more areas of engineering expertise with depth of knowledge in related field or wide breadth of engineering knowledge in general fields. Understands engineering technology and process concepts for the organization and processes.
3) Contacts customers and various levels of management to obtain or present technical data. Presents the results of designs, studies projects (in terms of new techniques) or approaches to subordinates, colleagues, management and customers.
4) Requires defined overall goals. Has capability to work without appreciable direction. Work is reviewed from a long-term perspective, mainly for results. Establishes most effective solution to problems. Sought out for solutions that are acted on as a final technical basis for decisions.
5) Develops and applies technical solutions which require original and creative approaches. Provides unique solutions and applications to a broad range of technical problems.
6) Plans, coordinates, sets priorities, and applies resources on complex projects or processes.
7) Takes initiative to eliminate barriers and uses resources to ensure desired results.
8) Independently reviews complex-engineering analyses prepares complex engineering plans, specifications, cost estimates, evaluations, Studies, technical reviews, investigations and verifications.
9) Prepares checks and reviews non-standard analysis, evaluations, and investigations of others.
10) Provides technical guidance and leadership to technically subordinate personnel.
11) Identifies potential schedule or quality problems and initiates corrective action.
12) Integrates the many interrelated elements of complex projects that are broad in scope, require considerations not previously encountered and requires interpretation and/or modification to guidelines. Complies with design, regulatory, operating and maintenance requirements.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Because the Four Corners Fossil-Fuel Generating plant is on the Navajo Reservation, Navajo preference will apply in the job selection.
The Four Corners Fossil-Fuel Generating plant is located 18 miles west of Farmington, a community of about 40,000, in the northwest region of New Mexico.
Job ID: 20180808
Location: Farmington, NM
Full/Part Time: Full-Time