Avangrid Senior Project Manager - Resiliency in Elmira, New York
Senior Project Manager - Resiliency
Company: NY STATE ELECTRIC & GAS C
Elmira, NY, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
The Project Manager is responsible for coordinating capital vegetation management activities between several line projects, located in Maine and New York, by managing resource requirements, priorities, investment plans, project execution strategy and internal/external resource requirements. Projects will be focus primarily on trimming needs for resiliency distribution lines project with a particular focus on ground-to-sky trimming.
Responsibility includes meeting corporate goals for capital investment, managing vegetation Work in Progress, and coordinating with lines projects ahead of construction to ensure maximation of workflow. Must manage team performance to ensure the effectiveness of capital budget delivery considering the environment, operating efficiency, regulatory, CWIP and operational needs.
Represents the company in regulatory and public forums.
Coordinate activities of project team members including arborists, construction managers, and external contractors. Facilitates the work of external contractors and other internal business areas. Holds contractors accountable for performance. Holds project team members accountable for results. Provides technical advice to senior management when required. Responsible for the overall project control and reporting, providing leadership and coordination of the scheduling, cost controlling and reporting processes and functions surrounding resiliency vegetation initiatives. Ensure projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and in conformance to quality and company easements.
Work Location: Rochester, NY / Binghamton, NY
• Interfacing with municipal stakeholders and local permitting agencies.
• Program and project management skills,
• Leadership skills
• Document control
• Participates in project team scheduling and budgetary planning processes.
• Works within the project unit, managing internal and external project resources. Sets unit goals and direction to align and undertakes action plans, program management to accomplish goals.
• Oversees project budgets. Analyzes project unit performance and initiates actions to control scope, schedule and cost performance. Proactive approach to overseeing work measures progress and takes actions to ensure budgets and deadlines are achieved. Approves project plans, executes contract strategies to undertake work and controls and authorizes expenditures. Initiates actions to ensure compliance with a project management and quality management processes and procedures. Assures that projects are completed within the approved scope, schedule and budget.
• Coordinates with other departments, consultants, attorneys, utilities, regulatory agencies, government agencies, and major customers. May represent the company and testify in regulatory hearings or at Federal, State or local agency or municipal meetings.
• Considers innovative ways to undertake work, promoting automation and efficiencies in day to day work streams.
• Provides recommendations on policies and goals desired and implements new/revised processes and procedures according to established guidelines.
• Responsible for the overall management and control of project unit budgets including O&M and Capital.
• Informs management and project teams regarding cost and schedule performance variances and corrective action required.
• Responsible for ensuring the risk control system is utilized.
• Continually monitors individual progress to insure meeting of specific deadlines.
• Responsible for Project accountability overview, making sure that it complies with all applicable utility commission guidance.
• Attendance to Cost & Schedule Meetings.
• Attendance to Executive management meetings, providing and presenting reports and cost-schedule-risk views as required.
• Storm assignment as required.
Skills and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Forestry or relevant experience in the energy industry with 5 -7 years relevant vegetation or project management or engineering experience.
• Ability to mobilize team members to deliver projects on time and under budget,
• Ability to integrate schedules utilizing software with PMO support:Primavera (P6),
• Expert in risk management and mitigation plans,
• Expert in utilizing MSExcel for data analysis, budgeting, and planning and optimizing schedules,
• Ability to use and query SAP,
• Excellent oral and written communication skills,
• Public presentation skills and ability to summarize concepts utilizing Microsoft Office tools,
• Results oriented,
• Understanding of quality assurance processes and implement with project structure,
• Knowledge of existing vegetation trimming specifications approved with utility commisions by state; and ability to work with customers and contractor to obtain new easements for additional trimming rights by permission,
• Supervision of field personnel and construction contractors,
• Proven ability to lead teams and work in a team environment,
• Team oriented.
• Experienced in contract negotiations and supplier management,
• Proven experience in bid management,
• Project Management Professional Certification preferred, or the ability to obtain within 12 months.
Please also note that AVANGRID currently has a COVID-19 vaccination Policy in place that, among other requirements, requires all employees to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status. Any applicant who receives a conditional offer will be required to submit acceptable documentation regarding their COVID-19 vaccination status after receiving such conditional offer and prior to commencing employment. This Policy also requires all employees to either become fully vaccinated or to undergo weekly testing beginning on February 9, 2022. All AVANGRID policies may be modified or discontinued at any time, for any reason at the Company’s full and sole discretion.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com