Eversource Energy Supervisor, Project Controls, Gas Operations in East Windsor Hill, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Responsible for the initiation, preparation and closing of work packets, Contractor billing and invoicing support and cost estimation for all capital construction work activities performed by Gas Field Operations at the local District level. Works collaboratively with the local Project Manager and Planning and Scheduling P and S) Supervisors to ensure that all required work is initiated, prepared and completed in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner. The position adheres to prescribed timeframes for all capital, maintenance and mandated work to ensure that regulatory requirements, customer needs and business objectives are continually satisfied. Ensures that completed work; including but not limited to new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, maintenance and construction, is closed out in the Accounting and Work Management systems in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner. The Supervisor organizes the work force for optimum efficiency across all operating regions within their assigned territories.
- Collaborates with the Project Management and Planning and Scheduling department to support timely workorder creation and closeouts for each operating District
- Responsible for the integrity of data input into the work management systems and operating databases.
- Responsible for Contractor Billing reconciliation and invoicing process.
- Responsible for Workorder estimation for all capital work orders and any material orders related to the capital work as required.
- Assists with District liaison activities with local and municipal officials. Resolves customer issues and concerns, as required.
- Ensures that an adequate and proper supply of prepared work is available in each District to support the completion of annual work plans.
- Analyzes performance measures and metrics to monitor and evaluate the performance of the Gas Field Operations Support organization and its ability to meet internal expectations
- Implements work practices and process improvement plans to improve efficiency and ensure consistency
- Supervises the management and development of the Project Controls Staff.
- Requires knowledge of gas distribution operations including engineering, construction and maintenance practices.
- Strong knowledge of customer information systems, Work Management Systems, MS Office products (Access, Word and Excel) and work management processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years of related experience including managing multiple projects and deadlines, utilizing technology and process implementation in electric or gas distribution and/or operations. Experience Supervising in a Union environment
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $108,120 and the market rate is $120,350 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs