Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Field Operations in East Springfield, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating all activities associated with the ElectricField OperationsOrganization inWesternMA.. This position is responsible for providing customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound electric service through ensuring that the Eversource distribution system is constructed, maintained and operated to high quality standards. This position will enable delivering our customers with accurate and timely information regarding the operation, response and restoration activities on the distribution system. This role is multifaceted with responsibilities including; operating, response and restoring the electric system inclusive of work planning and coordination, scheduling, quality assurance, execution of fieldwork/response and restoration activities, performance measurement, approving invoices, coaching, mentoring and various other administrative duties. This position is accountable for oversight of all duties of theLine Worker / Cable Splicerclassification that involve providing, maintaining, and restoring overhead and underground electrical service to customers.
Responsibilities also include on call duties and assistance during emergency situations. In addition, this position will:
- Supervise hourly workforce ensuring the effective and efficient utilization of resources with emphasis on asset management, safety, customer satisfaction, reliability, and compliance with regulations.
- Develop models and inspire a strong commitment to employee safety, recognition, and workforce diversity.
- Ensure a workforce that is multifunctional, diverse, well trained, and motivated.
- Oversee and implement interpretations and administration of any applicable labor contracts.
- Achieves safety, productivity, customer service, and reliability targets by leading and directing the implementation of operational excellence strategy and tactics, communicating organizational vision, mission, essential objectives, and behavioral expectations aligned with operational excellence, and provide a safe, stimulating and rewarding work environment.
- Ensure achievement of safety targets by conducting field safety audits and completing other safety related process steps and action items.
- Schedule employee workforce as appropriate to maximize productivity while maintaining excellent customer service and reliability.
- Develop and model employee commitment to continuous improvement, safety, customer service and reliability through the demonstration of related competencies and behaviors.
Directs the work planning process including; preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or a related discipline or the equivalent education/experience and 5 years of related experience in distribution, transmission and/or field service design and/or installation, operation and restoration of customers required.
Supervisory experience preferred.
Individual will need to be self-motivated, work well with others, possess a positive attitude and have a strong commitment to safety and customer service. The individual must have the ability to analyze equipment troubleshoot quickly and restore services promptly.
A valid commercial driver's license preferred. Individual expected to drive to various job site locations and customer premises to supervise work, review or discuss construction, response and restoration job requirements. May work with computers for long period of time. Subject to shift work including weekends.
Off-hour responsibility is required. At times requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs