Avangrid Analyst - Work Planning in East Hartford, Connecticut
Analyst - Work Planning
Company: CONNECTICUT NATURAL GAS C
East Hartford, CT, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $40 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Analyst work planning and scheduling support BGC, CNG and SCG programs run by the Work Planning and Scheduling team. Update SAP records as necessary to support accurate customer information and requirements. Act as department SME for all applications and interact with data owners and administrators, including SAP and Mobile Dispatch, People GIS, Lifecycle, and Track Star-AVL Customer Locator. Take action to clean, correct, validate and provide data for various processes and for internal and external customers as required. Research data anomalies for evidence of network problems, performance failure, records, or defects.
• Works collaboratively across the Gas Operations area to assist with the achievement of the organization’s strategies and goals.
• Develops complex reports and analysis to measure contractor costs/performance, to ensure cost effective use of resources, and to monitor staffing levels against projections
• Maintains and monitors schedules and workloads to ensure contractor availability and skill-sets comply with the expansion needs of the organization.
• Develops models to project the work force requirements needed to support short-and long-term growth and expansion of the Gas Business unit and to optimize work schedules and resource allocations.
• Overall coordination and preparation of the quantitative data required for the Gas Operations Monthly Workplan relating to Resource Management, this includes work force projections and comparison of actual vs. projected resources.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual operating and capital work plans for Gas Operations.
• Experience with SAP and other similar programs is strongly preferred.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills required, along with high attention to detail and accuracy in work.
• Must ensure strict customer confidentiality.
• Requires strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience performing data analysis preferred
Skills and Requirements
Associates degree and 5 years related experience, or a High School diploma and 5-7 years related experience, 10 years preferred.
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Our Selection Process
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com