Eversource Energy Program Administrator, Field Safety in East Hampton, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position serves as both a technical and internal management consulting resource in support of the organization’s overall occupational safety management system. This position also supports Safety departmental managers by assuming interim managerial duties as assigned. This position serves a leadership role in all Safety initiatives at the operational level, coordinating with line management and all relevant stakeholders. These Safety initiatives include all elements such as training, workplace observations, audits and inspections, incident investigations and analysis, and the communication of the Company’s critical safety objectives. This role also provides insight to trends associated within the region of responsibility and provides guidance for improvement to the local safety representative.
- Supports and ensures the implementation of safety management system elements including: policy, planning and implementation, evaluation, audit and inspection, corrective action, and analysis and review
- Takes a supportive role in the professional development of Safety staff through coaching and mentoring
- Coordinates with Safety leadership in the evaluation of performance metrics as well as performance and compliance auditing as necessary
- Provides statistical analysis and data as necessary to understand trends and areas for further focus and continuous improvement
- Identifies the necessary resources to successfully deliver safety elements
- Participates or leads storm safety support efforts and emergency assignments
- Takes a lead role in coordinating IH services
- Supports and assists Safety leadership in the implementation of risk and loss control communication
- Assists stakeholders with employee safety training
- Promotes a positive safety culture by using all safety elements including injury prevention and health promotion
- Writes safety policies, procedures and communications
- Designs and develops universal safety programs with implementation plans
- Actively participates in the monthly design of work plan and scorecard communications
- Regulatory research and involvement
- Education: Baccalaureate degree required or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Eight years related experience, with program management skills and safety experience highly desirable.
- Technical Skills: Comprehensive understanding of Electric Transmission and/or Distribution or Natural Gas Distribution utility systems and work practices. Program management skills. Requires knowledge in federal and state safety regulations, such as OSHA, DOT and State Department of Public Safety, as they pertain to the electric and gas industries. Also requires good oral, written, communication and human relations skills.
- Internal Contacts: Lines of business management, unionized craft workers, non-exempt administrative and customer support staff, and Field Safety staff.
- External Contacts: Regulatory agencies and peer safety and health professionals.
- Challenges: Continually seeking opportunities to enhance the safety performance for all lines of business.
- Freedom to Act: The incumbent supports Safety efforts in accordance with best practices and regulatory compliance. Determines appropriate course of action in conjunction with internal and external customers regarding introducing and supporting safety efforts.
- Licenses & Certifications: Stay current in professional knowledge by participating in safety-related training programs as well as obtaining and maintaining certifications.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed primarily in the field (in all weather) which requires walking and climbing ladders to enter ditches, vaults, manholes, etc. Also requires being able to climb on or over various objects to conduct safety inspections and accident investigations. Job can require moderate driving activities and traveling to address employee issues at field sites, facilities, conduct incident investigations, safety audits, safety meetings, etc. Works also in an office environment which requires sitting at a desk while performing various administrative functions including working on a computer.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge : Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas; keeps abreast of current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Team Influence : Using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward goal achievement; modifying behaviors to accommodate the tasks, situations, and people involved.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning and recommending assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
- Analysis (Problem Identification): Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
- Teamwork (Cooperation): Active participation in, and facilitation of, team effectiveness; taking actions that demonstrate consideration for the needs of others; and the responsibility to provide direction, guidance, coaching, and support for team members.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor