Eversource Energy Senior Communications Specialist, Customer Communications in East Berlin, Connecticut
1.Role and Scope of Position:
The Senior Communications Specialist serves as a communications resource supporting the Company’s customer communications, providing regular strategy and content for communicating with customers.
- Provides advice and counsel on the best approaches to communicating with customers.
- Responsible for the daily activities associated with communications, as well as coordination of strategy and content planning.
- Supports the internal and external communications required by the business units in support of specific strategic goals and overall mission.
- Ensures the consistency and timeliness of company-wide messages.
- Consults with leadership to develop and create effective, informative communications which comply with company guidelines and objectives while meeting the operational business unit or functional area requirements.
- Strategizes and brainstorms effective methods to engage, inform and influence stake holders. Develops, supports and guides strategic messaging.
- Provides communications support to the Customer Group and serves as communication advisor, ensuring that key messages are conveyed to the appropriate audience in a timely and effective manner.
- Supports the development and implementation of communications plans.
- Develops both internal and external relationships and identifies opportunities that enhance Eversource’s reputation for customer service and industry leadership.
- Ensures daily and monthly publication deadlines are met.
- Monitors industry news about the corporation and its competitors and identifies emerging issues.
- Prepares and disseminates written communications through a variety of print and electronic outlets, including e-mail, newsletters, letters brochures, etc.
- Strong communication skills, including written, oral, public speaking and editorial
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) or more years experience in the communication field
- Demonstrated experience in speaking to all audiences
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Eversource Energy offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $101,390 to $112,660, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Please check our career site for an overview of our benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs