Eversource Energy Director, Gas Training & Operator Qualifications Program in East Berlin, Connecticut
Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the classroom training for gas craft field employees. Oversees development and delivery of the progression, refresher, new equipment, and craft supervisor technical classroom training programs. Support the development and management of craft talent pipeline programs collaboratively with others as needed to support the needs of the business. Develops, implements, and adds to the training model for new technology training strategies. Works collaboratively with Executives, Directors, Managers and Supervisors to promote and ensure new and progressing craft employees are assigned to work and projects that will reinforce their classroom training, as well as strengthen and broaden their knowledge and skills regarding work methods, tools and safety practices. Executes development processes that ensure the training of craft employees is monitored, supported and assessed and that continual feedback is provided. Partners with others to coordinate the implementation of learning and development activities to support progression, new tools, equipment, compliance training and recordkeeping needs.
Responsible for executing essential functions within the Operator Qualification Program in compliance with Eversource OQ Plan. Responsible for data base administration, controls and reporting pertaining to Computer based testing and Performance Evaluation in compliance with the OQ Plan. Collaborates with others within the Gas Business to ensure requirements for qualification are communicated, for both employees and pipeline contractors to ensure compliance with our plan. Regularly review the required OQ tasks for each department and ensure our OQ Matrix has been updated and is current. Work collaboratively with personnel from all departments to reinforce employee expectations when testing to ensure they understand their responsibilities and expected behaviors. Meet regularly with CT and MA State regulators as key stakeholders to discuss trends or actions needed to ensure the integrity of the OQ Plan pertaining to the testing and qualification processes.
- Ensures the implementation and delivery of classroom craft training programs that mutually support the education and training of craft employees and enhances the technical skills of craft supervisors.
- Ensures craft classroom training is consistent with, and supports, work standards and procedures, the proper use of tools, materials and equipment and other work practices for craft employees in Gas Operations.
- Partners with Operations managers to create a classroom training work plan (and budget) that aligns with the progression and refresher needs of the crafts within the Gas Operations
- Support curriculum development and craft talent pipeline programs to ensure talent is developed to meet organizational staffing needs.
- Oversees the management and development of Training staff. Manages, selects, coaches and develops staff.
- Communicates key corporate messages and performance measures to assigned staff.
- Collaborates with training supervisors and Operations managers on the creation of training performance assessment tools that meet the needs of the organization.
- Ensures development and implementation of new equipment training as needed.
Ensures development of processes to address observed and documented gaps between craft employee performance and Company policies and procedures.
Documents and summarizes performance results that are used to evaluate craft employee proficiency levels and adherence to work standards and safety procedures. Documents and ensures operations certification and qualifications are in compliance with our OQ plan.
- Ensures assessments are used for developing written progress reports and on-the-job training summaries to provide written feedback and creation of development plans.
- Partners with training supervisors and Operations managers to ensure technical training programs are designed to close performance gaps and are connected to measurable performance improvements.
- Ensures administration, scheduling and reporting for Computer Based Testing and Performance evaluation is complaint with our OQ plan.
- Collaborates with Gas Operations, QA QC to ensure, validate and take corrective actions as needed to ensure ES pipeline contractors understand and are held accountable to comply with the current testing and qualification requirements within our OQ Plan.
- Knowledge of natural gas distribution system operation.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource’s Gas Business office automation and information systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of related experience
- Experience in emergency management activities and/or distribution operations required
Licenses & Certification:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Pipeline Safety position subject to Eversource’s Drug and Alcohol Policy
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs