Eversource Energy Analyst, Load Forecasting (Hybrid) in East Berlin, Connecticut
Under supervision, responsible for planning and developing short-term and long-term electric load forecasts using proven and verifiable methodologies. This position identifies sources of pertinent data, collects information and analyzes it to support forecasts, provide variance explanations and make recommendations required for Eversource financial planning, regulatory and facility siting applications. Uses initiative, independent action and sound decision-making to develop load forecasts. Assists other departments in special economic, population, demographic, statistical, economic development and conservation analyses.
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
- Develops load forecasts using econometric, time series and other proven methodologies. Establishes and maintains data bases required for economic analyses, as well as mathematical and econometric computer models. Recommends appropriate model structures and assumptions.
- Identifies sources of appropriate economic/demographic, load research and end-use data at highly disaggregate levels, and designs computer programs and studies to collect and analyze pertinent information in support of load forecasting activities.
- Prepares forecasts of electric and gas sales, electric output, electric peaks and hourly loads, and demographic and economic trends to support corporate short and long-term planning functions required for financial planning, rate cases and facility siting applications.
- Analyzes and compares forecast performance with actual results, explains variances and suggests changes for future forecasting cycles.
- Responds to information requests from regulatory bodies and Eversource departments regarding load forecast information, estimates and projections. Assists with preparation and development of integrated resource plans (IRP’s), siting petitions, and rate case proceedings.
- Researches industry processes and trends and develops recommendations in assessing the impact of changes usage patterns and the external environment on the future demand for gas and electricity. Develops appropriate documentation.
- Works with the manager in meeting the load forecasting needs of various stakeholders who use forecasts to carry out critical aspects of their work.
- Excellent statistical or econometric modeling skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Requires computer-modeling skills on complex systems and knowledge in using a statistical or forecasting software program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business Science, related discipline.
- An advanced degree in related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $78,800.00 to $87,550.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs