Eversource Energy Accounting Policy and Research Specialist (Hybrid) in East Berlin, Connecticut
The Accounting Specialist for Accounting Research is responsible for performing research, documenting conclusions, and maintaining all accounting policies and certain corporate policies with accounting matters. This role interfaces with the external auditor to ensure that we apply the correct accounting to material, judgmental accounting matters, including but not limited to complex contracts, new and/or unusual transactions, and regulatory outcomes. This position will assist with renewable energy accounting matters, will prepare and compile Audit Committee materials, and will assist with peak time financial reporting responsibilities, as needed.
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
- Reviews complex transactions for applicable accounting guidance and coordinates with personnel initiating the transaction, tax, FP&A, Financial Reporting, and others.
- Performs the drafting process of all research matters, implements updates throughout the review process, and ensures final approvals are obtained for all research matters.
- Works directly with external auditors to ensure research matters are finalized by the auditors in a timely manner.
- Maintains the internal repository of accounting research function deliverables, ensuring all research matters are finalized in the database in a timely manner.
- Develops strong relationships cross-functionally to ensure research needs are met across the organization.
- Prepares Audit Committee and other quarterly deliverables.
- Assists the Financial Reporting group during peak work times for Financial Reporting, typically during 10-Q and 10-K periods.
Technical Knowledge :
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), standard accounting policies procedures, and practices
- Knowledge of utility accounting theory
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Uniform System of Accounts
- Knowledge and experience with financial statement preparation
- Knowledge and experience with financial management procedures and techniques
Other Preferred Knowledge :
- Knowledge of SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Extensive resourcefulness to anticipate, define and direct solutions to complex and/or unusual accounting, finance and/or regulatory issues
- Analytical skills, including the ability to draw sound conclusions, act decisively, and perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Ability to think and act strategically in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting and/or conflicting priorities
- Strong team membership as well as team building skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Strong functional understanding of computerized business systems
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or closely related field required
- Five (5) plus years of related accounting experience, preferably in a corporate environment, or a minimum of three (3) years of public accounting/audit experience required
Licenses & Certifications :
- CPA designation is preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $111,000 - $123,000 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs