Duke Energy Service Specialist-Associate (Goldsboro, NC) in Dudley, North Carolina
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Selected candidate must reside within Johnston or Harnett Counties
Weekend and evening work as required and is subject to overtime and some rotating shifts.
This position is responsible for performing all duties associated with and related to the safe, efficient and cost effective maintenance of natural gas facilities and appurtenances as they relate to natural gas systems per 49CFR Part 192 and Piedmont Natural Gas policies and procedures.
This position performs a variety of activities associated with service installation and maintenance and unregulated activities. Specific duties include, but not limited to: utilization of computers and computer order / record keeping systems, working service orders associated with current required operator qualifications.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Perform meter turn-ons and turn-offs
· Deliver disconnect notifications to customers
· Read customer meters
· Install meters and meter sets, may include industrial meters
· Light pilots, test and inspect appliances and gas equipment to ensure proper operation
· Perform farm tap maintenance
· Remove meters
· Respond to high bill requests by performing dial tests, appliance and filter checks
· Meet with customers regarding line relocates
· Change out meters related to the sample testing program
· Repair water heaters, appliances, etc. (Install if licensed)
· Monitor for meter tampering; ensure meters are securely installed
· Monitor atmospheric corrosion and paint as needed
· Locate gas lines
· Inspect/maintain farm tap stations
· First Responder to emergency/leak calls; evaluate and grade leaks
· Assist in training service apprentices
· Assist O&M group with line repairs
· May performs leak surveys
· Assist other departments as needed
· Clear pipelines
· Repair/install temporary clamps on steel risers
· Repair damaged ½” and ¾” plastic services
· Bar test to evaluate and grade underground gas leaks
· Prepare unregulated estimates and maintain computer record keeping
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or GED .
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
· Basic computer knowledge working in a Windows environment
· Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
· Safety awareness
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Two year degree and or Technical Certifications
· Possess a minimum of one: Plumbing License (P1 or P2), Fuel Piping License/Journeyman, HVAC License, Electrical License (Limited or Full). Must be willing to use license(s) for Piedmont Natural Gas Business purposes
· Experience in Customer Service
· Must work outdoors in adverse weather conditions; flexible work schedule; lifting up to 75 lbs.; frequent bending, stooping, standing, crawling, digging, climbing; works on uneven terrain, many times with heavy vegetation; manual dexterity (hand/eye coordination); keen eyesight; good hearing; good sense of smell; comes in frequent contact with insects and animals.
· Perform on call duty as scheduled/assigned
· Weekend and evening work as required and is subject to overtime and some rotating shifts. Must reside in Resource Center service area; some Resource Centers may require residing in certain counties within the Resource Centers.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable) No
Represented/Union Position No
Visa Sponsored Position No
Posting Expiration Date
Saturday, January 22, 2022
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA)
We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, supplying and delivering electricity to approximately 7.4 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 52,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.5 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Regardless of your skill set or specific interest, we're looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our people make us great - and we're always looking for more. Find your career path today at Duke Energy, where it's more than a career - it's a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Brighter opportunities. Brighter futures. Duke Energy values ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re dedicated to providing a work environment where all people are valued, respected and able to reach their full potential. Duke Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including but not limited to lactation, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or protected veteran status. Duke Energy complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination.
Privacy (https://www.duke-energy.com/legal/privacy) Do Not Sell My Personal Information (CA)