Greystone Power Systems Support Specialist in Douglasville, Georgia
Systems Support Specialist
Job Code: 2019-700-009
Division: Financial Services
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Position Based In: Douglasville
Apply Before: 07/09/2019
The System Support Specialist role is to improve the productivity of GreyStone employees by providing a single point of contact for problem resolution and information. This is accomplished through diagnosis, identification and resolution of problems with hardware, third-party and proprietary software, LANs, and servers in a timely and professional manner via telephone and email communication, and hands-on support.
- Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow up on client questions, problems or malfunctions of all systems applications, hardware and software installed and maintained by the company.
- Participant in telephone support; providing support to users via remote assistance tools.
- Document problems and solutions in help desk tracking system.
- Inform management of potential problems and identifies problem trends.
- Install, modify, and make minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems.
- Create and maintain workstation images.
- Install hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, disk drives, etc.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of computer hardware and software.
- Provide support for audio-visual systems including repair and/or replacement of projectors, etc.
- Video conference administration and support.
- Maintain and support local telecom system.
- Assist in implementing and troubleshooting virtual desktops in a VMware environment.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate’s or Technical degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Microsoft Certification credentials or similar a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, proven problem-solving abilities.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of non-manager work experience in an office environment.
- Must have a good understanding of, and experience using, Microsoft Enterprise software (i.e. Exchange, Outlook, and Active Directory).
- Knowledge and experience with current and two (2) most recent versions of Microsoft Server/Desktop Operating Systems.
- Knowledge and experience with current and two (2) most recent versions of Microsoft Office.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Focused on the success of the Team.
- Must satisfactorily pass the EMC’s employment physical examination and required drug screens.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
- General office environment.
- Requires sitting at desk using a computer most of the day.
- Occasionally required to move machines, printed paper, and printed material.
- Required to provide on-call support.
- Must be able to report to work in disaster situations
Essential Demand or Condition and Position Specifics
- Sitting: Continually sits at work station
- Standing: Frequently stands to complete duties as needed
- Walking: Frequently walks to complete duties as needed
- Driving: Occasionally
- Talking: Continuously uses speaking to communicate with co-workers and contractors while conducting work activities. Talks with others face to face and telephone
- Hearing : Continuously uses hearing to communicate with coworkers and vendors. Occasionally uses hearing to operate or monitor equipment.
- Visual (include color perception): Frequently uses sight to complete tasks with computer, phone and paper. Occasionally required to evaluate supplies or equipment readings based on colored lights or colored coding
- Lifting or Carries: Frequently lifts or carries materials weighing up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lifts or carries materials that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Pushing or Pulling: Occasionally twists, pushes and pulls to file or retrieve documents.
- Bending or Stooping: Occasionally bends or stoops to file or retrieve documents.
- Kneeling, Squatting or Crawling: Occasionally kneels, squats or crawls to file or retrieve documents.
- Climbing or Balancing: Occasionally climbs ladder to complete tasks as needed
- Twisting or Reaching: Occasionally twists or reaches to file or retrieve documents.
- Gripping or Grasping: Frequently grip-grasps mail to open and sort or to operate office equipment.
- Fine Manipulation: Frequently uses hands to operate computer and office equipment
- Operating Controls: Not at all
- Other Physical Demands or Conditions: Occasional working in the community at Coop Events or Coop Business.
- Exposure to Extreme Noise – PPE Demand: Not at all
- Exposure to Chemicals: Not at all
- Exposure to Temperature Extremes: Not at all
- Exposure to Slippery Conditions: Not at all
- Exposure to Electric Shock: Not at all
- Exposure to Open Heights: Not at all
- Exposure to Vehicular Traffic: Not at all
- Other Exposure Conditions: Not at all
Our employees enjoy an array of benefits, including the following:
Health, Dental, and Vision Plan
GreyStone Pension/Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan
Short and Long Term Disability
Attractive Leave Plan with paid holidays and paid time off
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account options
Employee Assistance Program