Greystone Power Project Engineer I in Douglasville, Georgia
Project Engineer I
Job Code: 2024-400-005
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Position Based In: Hiram
Apply Before: 03/08/2024
To ensure that the Cooperative’s electricdistribution system is based on cost effective, sound engineering principlesthrough the application fundamental project management skills.
- Perform duties in a safe, satisfactory, competent and timely manner.
- Develops and coordinates individual project work plans and manages through completion taking needed correction action. Informs Supervisor and Department Manager of any major developments or changes in direction of the project.
- Develop plans for a reliable and economical electric system for both new construction and system improvement projects, including residential and commercial subdivision design.
- Provide accurate cost estimations using current labor rates and material pricing.
- Ensure proper transformer sizing and resource planning through evaluation of submitted load forms for large commercial accounts connecting to GSPC’s electric system.
- Coordinate plans for construction of electrical systems. See that all construction complies with RUS Specifications and meets NESC requirements.
- Maintain GSPC Construction Specifications and Standards
- Establish and maintain electrical plant records, easements, maps, inventory sheets, staking sheets, territorial agreement maps, and records.
- Coordinate and design Residential Development lighting layouts.
- Establish and maintain approved RUS work order procedures.
- Facilitate all necessary permitting efforts (transmission, roadway, etc.) associated with new construction and system improvement projects.
- Initiates status report for all assigned projects and keeps Management informed on progress.
- Inform management of engineering recommendations related to the electrical system requirements.
- Coordinate and design all necessary construction efforts associated with roadway projects throughout the GSPC territory.
- Work with other Engineering and Operations staff to determine the most cost effective and safest means of electrical service for residential and commercial accounts.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams for problem solving and process improvement in various aspects of the Cooperative’s everyday business practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist in service restoration efforts during emergency outages.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited university with an emphasis on electric power.
- 0-2 years of related power distribution experience.
- Knowledge of RUS construction standards beneficial.
- Knowledge of NESC and other applicable codes and standards.
- Displays professionalism within and without the department. Is positive, constructive and professional in all interactions. Accepts coaching and seeks opportunities to develop and improve both technical and human relations skills. Positively promotes and supports the company’s culture and values.
- EIT preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles, concepts, practices, and theories.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven analytical and communication skills.
- Must satisfactorily pass the EMC's employment physical examination and required drug screens.
- Requires a valid Georgia driver's license.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Work place is a combination of office and occasional fieldwork. Requires a good deal of walking and standing as well as deskwork. Must have the eyesight and manual dexterity to operate a personal computer. Must be available for after hour standby rotation.