Eversource Energy System Operations Trainer-Simulation in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This individual develops and implements Eversource transmission and distribution System Operations Training, with an emphasis on the use of simulation technology, for CT, MA and NH. Training includes simulation, classroom and on-the-job training and incorporates both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods.
This individual develops and implements Eversource transmission and distribution System Operations Training, with an emphasis on the use of simulation technology, for CT, MA and NH. Training includes simulation, classroom and on-the-job training and incorporates both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods.
- Performs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation emphasizing the use of simulation technology, in the context of Eversource System Operations Training.
- Conducts System Operator Training program activities consistent with the Systematic Approach to Training, adult learning principles and training program policies and procedures.
- Plans, develops, schedules and presents performance-based training utilizing simulation technologies in the context of Eversource System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Coordinates with internal and external personnel in the acquisition, configuration, updating and utilization of simulation technology to support Eversource System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Receives and evaluates training requests and presents to System Operations Training management.
- Evaluates procedures, practices and regulatory changes and modifies System Operations Training materials as required.
- Evaluates and recommends vendor provided training content and services.
- Represents System Operations Training at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Assists operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participates in event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
Technical Knowledge / Skill:
- Knowledge of electric transmission and distribution system operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric transmission and distribution systems.
- Thorough knowledge of electric system switching and tagging procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of Energy Management System (EMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Outage Management System (OMS) and other operations support applications
- Thorough knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards, OSHA regulation and other regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training.
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
- Proficient with classroom and online presentation technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource, ISO-NE, ISO-NE satellites, participant companies, non-utility generators and neighboring utilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten (10) years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- Four (4) years of experience as a System Operator preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience as a trainer in a formalized training program preferred.
- One (1) year of experience as a trainer creating and/or administering simulator based training preferred.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- NERC Transmission Operator or higher certification (or must obtain within 6 months)
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs