Eversource Energy Survey Technician/Surveyor II in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Determines property boundaries and other exact locations on the earth’s surface by means of precise measurements and located reviews and analyzes property title documents.
- Gathers and analyzes land plans, deeds, aerial photos, highway alignment plans and similar documents
- Assists in determining precise locations and boundaries utilizing equipment such as transits, theodolites, auto levels, and similar devices
- Analyzes and plots data utilizing computer software and CAD system
- Drafts final boundary, subdivision and right-of-way plans utilizing a CAD system
- Assists in determining the volume of soil removed from excavation sites by means of precise measurement
- Establishes and re-establishes transmission line rights-of-way on the ground using deeds, records, plans and precise surveying equipment.
- Provides assistance to other departments or divisions in the procurement and design of transmission line rights-of-way, the field analysis of transmission line encroachments and subsequent plans, construction surveying including baseline establishment, precise leveling, as built surveys and plans.
- Acts as liaison for the Company with engineering and surveying public. Responds to right-of-way dimension questions, and real estate questions regarding old Company deeds, plans and title information.
- Understands land measurement principles and applicable laws; applying technique to and methodologies of land measurement
- Ability to use mathematics in varied calculations
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Develop solutions to surveying problems
- Deal effectively with interfacing departments
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent in combined education and experience
- Continuing education course in land surveying, civil engineering road design and drainage helpful
- Zero to three years of experience
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs