Eversource Energy Supervisor, Technical Training (Substations) in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position develops and delivers technical training programs to ensure the safe and effective performance of the ElectricOperations employees.Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and would incorporate both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods. Blended training methods include lecture, use of technologies, presentation, use of props, and demonstration of tasks. Responsibilities would also include participation in testing and evaluation of new tools, materials, and equipment, the ongoing revision and maintenance of standards and procedures, conducting of quality assurance audits and supervision, evaluation, assessment, and certification of field employees.
- Works with field personnel and supervisors to analyze job tasks and current field performance to determine training needs and program content.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Supervises, directs and instructs trainees during classroom, hands-on and on-the-job training assignments.
- Evaluates performance during training and follows up on students learning through field visits, observations and refresher training.
- Provides updates and incorporates new procedures and revisions into training programs and reviews work with vendors, technical experts, engineers, field personnel to provide operational input into the selection and operation on new equipment and development of new construction standards.
- Requires knowledge of electricity transmission and distribution substations, substation design, operations, maintenance, construction, work practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Requires leadership and coaching abilities.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel).
- Working knowledge of labor contracts.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline, or related experience is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers, and supervising employees is required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License is required; D.O.T. preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $112,710.00 to $125,230.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Work is performed primarily in an office, classroom and field environment which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, using a telephone and computer and attending meetings.
- Drives to various job site locations and customer premises to make field visits, quality audits, and observation, on the job training and evaluation of field personnel.
- At times, requires providing shift coverage for field supervisors.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
*Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs