Eversource Energy Supervisor, System Operations Training- Distribution in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Develops, conducts, and implements training for a variety of subjects including distribution and transmission system operations, advanced switching and tagging, and human performance training for CT, MA, and NH. System Operations Trainers shall have in-depth knowledge and technical aptitude in utility operations and training principles that incorporate both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods. They must be excellent communicators and have exceptional organizational and time management skills. They shall ensure full compliance with the Company’s safety policies, programs, and existing and future governmental codes and regulations.
- Performs analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation in the context of advanced switching and tagging training, human performance training, training on the outage management system, and transmission and distribution system operations training in CT, MA and NH.
- Creates technical training programs according to requirements.
- Prepares training materials and sessions, in groups or individually.
- Conducts system operator training program activities consistent with the Systematic Approach to Training, adult learning principles and training program policies and procedures.
- Evaluates procedures, practices and regulatory changes and modifies System operations training materials as required.
- Assists operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participates in event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
- Determines overall effectiveness of programs and training by listening to feedback and making improvements as necessary.
- Responsible for incorporating simulation into System operations training in CT, MA and NH.
- Receives and evaluates training requests and presents to System operations training management.
- Evaluates and recommends vendor provided training content and services.
- Reports data on completed courses, issues, and absences.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
- Ensure that Eversource operations/training policy is in alignment with the NERC, FERC, ISO, and state agencies.
- Keep abreast of upcoming compliance related issues (NERC, FERC and state agencies).
- Evaluate Grid operations policy changes or additions in accordance with regulations.
- Actively participate in groups/teams that craft the training posture of the New England utilities.
- Ensure the ongoing gathering of training related evidence for compliance audits.
Actively participate in the audit planning and presentation process.
Technical Knowledge / Skill:
- Knowledge of electric distribution and transmission system and field operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric distribution and transmission system.
- Thorough knowledge of electric system switching and tagging procedures and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of human performance and human error reduction tools.
- Familiarity with OSHA Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution regulations (i.e. 29 CFR 1910.269).
- Knowledge of Energy Management System (EMS), Outage Management System (OMS) and other operations support applications.
- Knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training.
- Proficient with classroom and online presentation technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource and external parties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Total of 10 years of experience including:
- Eight (8) years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- Four (4) years of experience as a System Operator preferred.
- One (1) year of experience as a trainer in a formalized training program preferred.
- Project Management experience and ability to effectively present solutions and ideas to key stakeholders, overcome potential issues and manage to tight deadlines.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $117,700.00 to $130780.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs