Eversource Energy Supervisor, Substation Operations (Boston) in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
Provides leadership for the construction, maintenance, and repair of substation equipment. Analyzes historical inspection, maintenance, test and operational data to establish appropriate maintenance requirements for equipment. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
At the Senior Supervisor level, in addition to the duties listed above, responsibilities include:
- Serving as the local technical lead or coach for other supervisors
- Developing and coaching other supervisors in various aspects of their role (ie – managing crew performance, daily job briefings and work site visits, safety, O&M/Capital accounting, etc)
- Authorizing re-allocation of resources in situations where conflicting priorities exist (ie – greater than expected field employee absence, therefore, crew re-configurement required)
- Driving innovation and change in business processes
- Leading area work center activities during manager absence
- Representing their manager at department, customer, and community meetings
- Supervises crews in construction and maintenance activities for T&D substations.
- Coordinates maintenance and construction of assigned assets by making arrangements for staffing, materials and equipment with other sections such as Maintenance, Field Communications/Engineering, Control Centers and contractors according to prescribed schedules and methods
- Responsible for the reliability and condition of substation assets
- Analysis of maintenance data and its accurate input directly into company database
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the group, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures and safety requirements. Detailed knowledge of power system maintenance and operation.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent related experience is required.
Experience: A minimum of five years of experience is required. Experience in the operation and maintenance of substation facilities is preferred. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license; valid CDL preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs