Eversource Energy Supervisor, Meter Reading and Field Meter in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
In this role you will ensure the accurate and timely completion of field service shut-off activities of delinquent accounts. Oversight of the timely completion of field activities in response to billing investigations, and supervision of assigned staff. Additionally, this position ensures the timely and effective communication of results back to initiating department or process.
- Responsible for scheduling and timely completion of field service shut-off activities of delinquent accounts, including shut-off non-pays (SONPs), warrant activity, landlord notifications, service cuts at the pole/manhole and restoration of service after SONP.
- Schedules field activities in response to billing investigations, including meter alives, unauthorized and zero use, crossed meters and sanitary code violations. Schedules field visits to investigate Revenue Protection and Legal Collections inquiries.
- Identifies and communicates group and individual performance measures and expected performance levels, assesses team/individual performance and realigns performance measures, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and Company policies, changing operating procedures, as necessary.
- Interacts with customers and resolves concerns and complaints, as necessary. Responsible for customer satisfaction with response to field collections and meter investigation requests.
- Develops and supervises staff which includes training, scheduling, interpreting/administering union contracts and conflict resolution.
- Responsible for the safety of assigned personnel including minimizing of lost time injuries, responsible motor vehicle accidents and OSHA recordables/incidents.
- Ensures compliance with all MDTE rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Company metering, billing and Credit procedures and policies is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MDTE regulations pertaining to Billing and Credit.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and Access).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years of experience in Customer Service.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Requires a valid driver’s license
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs