Eversource Energy Safety Advisor- Process Safety in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Job Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Manager, Safety (Gas Engineering, System Ops & Process Safety), this position is responsible for supporting process safety integration and improvement for the Gas business and all of Eversource (including Electric and Water). Serves as a business specific and corporate role. Primary areas of support within the Gas business are Gas Engineering and LNG/LPG facilities, as well as works as a partner to the Pipeline Safety (PSMS) team. This incumbent will serve as a technical and proficient subject matter expert to help identify process safety gaps, strengthen controls and reduce risk. Major responsibilities include the ongoing identification, development and implementation of systems and processes to reduce risk and drive continuous improvement to strengthen process safety. Maintaining a close relationship with engineering and operating managers and supervisors is expected.
- Maintains a close working relationship with operating personnel and advises managers and supervisors in all aspects of occupational safety.
- Trains, coaches and performs safety observations on a diverse, multi-discipline workforce to assure high safety standards. Observes behaviors and conditions within the work environment on a frequent basis and coaches employees regarding the value of working safely. Provides feedback on these activities to management and employees.
- Employs the incident analysis process when investigating all incidents and ensures adherence to all federal and state regulations. Follows up on proposed improvement plans after each incident.
- Assists management in developing improvement plans to prevent recurrence.
- Develops and delivers safety training, as wells as partners with the Training Department to ensure required and recommended safety training is completed and effective.
- Advises management in problem solving and decision making to eliminate hazards in the workplace and participates in recurring safety meetings.
- Develops incident prevention and regulatory compliance programs in order to reduce injuries and incidents and protect Company assets.
- Inspects field work locations and Company properties to ensure a safe work environment to eliminate causal factors of injuries and illnesses.
- Develops relationships with customers from every level within the organization.
- Develops, revises and implements work practices and programs that enhance employee performance. Provides input and conducts projects to develop and update procedures and safety rules as required.
- Provides support during emergencies, such as mutual aid contractor on-boarding and field safety support.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the Company’s safety rules
- Requires knowledge of Electric Overhead, Underground, Substation practices and procedures and Gas Service, Distribution, Supply, Instrumentation & Regulation, System Operation’s practices and procedures
- Knowledge of construction site safety is required
- Requires specific knowledge of Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire and federal regulations (OSHA and DOT) safety laws, and State Departments of Public Safety requirements as they pertain to the electric and gas industries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Safety or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in operational activities
Licenses & Certification:
- Additional safety related training programs and certifications such as the National Safety Council’s Advanced Safety Certificate, Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
Vaccination Information: Eversourcerequires an individual who is newly hired into this position to befullyvaccinated for COVID-19by their first day ofemployment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns withEversource’sHR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment.Eversourcedoes not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable lawsregardingreasonable accommodationand concerning the privacy of your confidential medical information.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel primarily within assigned region between MA/CT/NH and occasionally beyond the assigned region to attend special meetings/training/conferences or during storm conditions.
- Must be available to work on-call on a rotating basis.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs