Eversource Energy IT Systems Engineer in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The IT Systems Engineer will participate in the development, maintenance, support of IT Infrastructure and applications in support of Transmission and Distribution Operations at Eversource Energy.
- Plan, design, develop, test, coordinate, implement, maintain and administer Windows based IT infrastructure and applications.
- Analyze business/technical and related needs and propose suitable IT solutions.
- Create processes and tools to enhance and streamline support and maintenance processes.
- Create revisions to existing programs, systems and procedures and use appropriate tools to troubleshoot and correct deficiencies.
- Analyse and propose solutions in maintaining system build and patching, systems security, systems backup and restore, disaster recovery, redundancy management, cluster configurations.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Experience in real-time operations systems support in the Utility industry is desired. Experience with distributed technologies, relational databases and knowledge of infrastructure technology (active directory, servers, workstation, network, database, backup technology, VM environment, etc.) is preferred. Experience with application such as Energy Management Systems (EMS), SCADA System, Outage Scheduling System (TOA) and/or Data Historian System (PI) is a plus.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline or the equivalent technical training and work experience.
Experience: A minimum of (5) years related work experience is required for the level 3 position. Exceptional analytical skills required. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong customer focus, team membership skills and oral/written communications skills. A proven track record of producing quality products to predetermined standards and specifications plus a desire to learn and apply new skills are required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor