Eversource Energy IT Systems Engineer (SCADA) in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Responsible for the administration and support of operating systems, either Enterprise, Mid-Range, desktop or file/print/application servers. Provides technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, programming, and implementation of releases, upgrades or changes to operating system software and hardware, and the range of products and productivity tools that support the testing and production environments relating to the operating system. Ensures stable performance for the operating systems environment through performance monitoring and tuning and performs capacity planning, and performance prediction. Ensures system maintenance as well as high level support of the operating system and all its related software and hardware components. Plans and implements major software upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Designs, develops, tests, coordinates, implements, maintains and administers Windows based IT Infrastructure and applications
- Analyzes business/technical and related needs and propose suitable solutions
- Creates processes and tools to enhance and streamline support and maintenance process
- Creates revisions to existing programs, systems and procedures
- Uses appropriate tools to troubleshoot and correct deficiencies
- Conducts product research and evaluation
- Designs and implements software; handles hardware configuration
- Responsible for software installation, configuration, testing, documentation, upgrades and maintenance
- Provides technical support including trouble shooting and problem resolution
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrate strong customer focus, team membership skills and
- Good oral/written communications skills.
- Proven track record of producing quality products to predetermined standards and specifications plus a desire to learn and apply new skills are required
- Understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Knowledge of operating system(s) and relevant software and hardware products, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, performance tuning and capacity planning
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of directly related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs