Eversource Energy Director Station Operations in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is jointly accountable with other Electric Operations Directors for providing, safe, reliable and cost-effective electric service to our customers.
Responsible for the operations, restoration, construction and maintenance of the Company’s Transmission and Distribution substations and associated equipment. Performs long and short term integration and planning for all substation activities with other Operations, Engineering and associated functions. Continually implements technical, systemic and work process changes to improve safety, efficiency, quality and productivity
- Develop and implement plans, policies and programs to promote improved safety, reliability and efficient operations of the Company T&D substations.
- Directs, Manages and integrates all day-to-day activities related to the safe and efficient operation, maintenance and construction of the Company substations
- Participates in the development, evaluation and integration of new technologies on the system.. Ensures that improvements in systems, processes and procedures are identified and implemented.
- Establishes plans, goals and measurements to improve the cost effectiveness, timeliness and reliability of substation operations.
- Ensures cost effective, high quality and timely delivery of maintenance and operational services to internal and external customers.
- Plan, manage and control the department’s financial resources through defining and developing capital, operations, maintenance and construction budgets.
- Researches, investigates and recommends potential new business opportunities in the area of substation operations, maintenance and construction.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires extensive knowledge of the transmission and distribution systems operation, construction and maintenance and activities
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experiences: Requires a minimum of twelve (12) years managing or supervising groups engaged in operating and maintaining the transmission/distribution systems and associated activities.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.