NextEra Energy GIS Technician in Doral, Florida
Date:Nov 7, 2018
Primary Location:Doral, FL, US, 33178
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29576
Florida City Gas is part of a national company with local roots in the communities we serve. We serve approximately 108,000 residential and commercial natural gas customers in Florida’s Miami-Dade, Brevard, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties. Join our team today.
Position Specific Description This role may be located out of the Doral or Brevard office.
As a GIS technician you will be providing data analysis, technical support, and database maintenance to meet internal and external customer requirements including:
- Geographic studies
- GIS Mapping for business use and field work activities
- Perfoming field visits to visually locate items and resolve conflicting information to ensure accuracy of data
- Record retention Job Overview Employees in this role perform GIS and CAD functions requiring the construction of simple-to-complex CAD drawings, models, and revisions in the Asset Management System (AMS) or GIS systems. Individuals evaluate topological data, raster data, and spatially placed objects with precision into the GIS system including manipulating land shape files.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews, creates, or modifies existing simple, moderate, and complex CAD drawings for construction crews to build facilities and as-built
- Reviews and creates simple, moderate, and complex models/revisions in AMS and GIS to track, maintain, and as-built distribution facilities
- Maintains documentation, establishes metadata, and acquire cadastral data for AMS GIS system uploads
- Produces GIS thematic map products for all distribution displaying assets
- Runs various reports from AMS system for engineering to aid in business making decisions
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
Experience: 3+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians Organization: Florida City Gas Location: Doral, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Miami Job Segment:Gas, Gas Technician, Energy