MasTec Utility Services Field Supervisor in Doral, Florida
MasTec Utility Services ' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
We are currently seeking a full-time, motivated Telecommunications Construction Supervisor to plan, direct, coordinate and schedule construction related activities in Telecom. Must be able to participate in a cross-functional team environment in development and oversight of construction related tasks.
General Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
· Have an understanding of Federal, State, local and company safety policies and assist in the continued development of a Safety Culture in the workplace;
· Determine resource needs and allocate as necessary to meet project requirements;
· Resource scheduling to meeting project milestone dates;
· Interpret and explain project plans and specifications to staff to ensure understanding and compliance with specifications;
· Direct and supervise internal and subcontracted work force;
· An understanding of aerial and underground utility construction means and methods appropriate to the specifications of the project;
· Track and report all internal and subcontracted resources and report daily/weekly/monthly production as it relates to the overall project schedule;
· Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports;
· Requisition supplies and materials, as required by supply chain management, to complete construction projects;
· Communicate with supervisory personnel, owners, subcontractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as procedures, complaints and construction challenges;
· Investigate all construction related claims and delays to ensure proper procedures are being implemented and enacted.
SCHEDULE WORK TO MEET DEADLINES, SCHEDULE PRE CONSTRUCTION MEETINGS WORKING WITH SUBCONTRACTORS AND IN HOUSE CREWS FOR UNDERGROUND/ AERIAL FIBER INSTALLATIONS.
· Progressive leadership experience.
· 3 years of outside plant construction experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in construction management or equivalent;
· 10 years of construction management experience;
· Ability to use computers for communication, scheduling, budgeting and forecasting;
· High level of analytical thinking skills to plan and forecast work;
· Self motivated;
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
· An understanding of utility construction installation methodologies, blue print reading and understanding of requirement/specification technical requirements;
· An Understanding of critical path methodology to ensure timely delivery of milestone tasks’;
· Experience in the local Market.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan. MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Field Supervisor
Requisition ID: 43590